5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
sweetpea

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by sweetpea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:53 pm

1) Still grinning about firegal's pokemon tattoo. Epic.
2) Really lovely comment yesterday from my previous therapist about how far I've come.
3) ^ Actually kind of proud of myself for this. 8)
4) Planned to take my new phone back into the shop as it wasn't charging properly - then it charged!?
5) Need to book in my first client in tomorrow. Yikes! :shock:

AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:25 pm

1) Loving the Pokemon tattoo idea! V. impressed. Also, trying not to go and spend money on another tattoo for myself!
2) Trying not to sink in to the depression that I feel looming. Unfortunately a HR mess-up has led to my dream job being taken away :cry: . Feels even worse to know that it wasn't my fault and I can't do anything about it!
3) Back to job-hunting, need to keep to a set time per day. Finding it hard to do so. Spend all day in an anxiety-fulled mess of applying for everything!
4) I realize that I need to fill this time with self-care as well as being productive. Back to reading a good book perhaps? I'm open to any suggestions!
5) Also would like to return home for a bit and visit family that live a good 5hrs away. Need a mum hug! Even at this age!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:20 pm

firegal wrote:
sweetpea wrote:Good on you for treating yourself! We all need a good smile. I'm debating getting my nose pierced... 8)

(If it actually is a pokemon tattoo, you might just be my hero...)
Hero status achieved :mrgreen:
It's a triumphant looking Jigglypuff sitting on top of a sleeping Pikachu, complete with graffiti'd monocle and moustache a'la the first animated series :lol:
OMG I WANNA SEE A PICTURE!

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

^ I'm so pleased it's not just me that had this reaction. :lol:

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:52 pm

It's all peely and gross, hate this bit!

AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:07 pm

firegal wrote:It's all peely and gross, hate this bit!
That was the worst part for me too. Bepanthan? :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:18 pm

AryaStark wrote:
firegal wrote:It's all peely and gross, hate this bit!
That was the worst part for me too. Bepanthan? :)
Thin coat twice a day ;)

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:11 pm

1. Very grateful this week is over! Work has been something to behold, gosh sometimes I don't know if IAPT is coming or going. The only thing keeping my faith in my job is the fact that at my management are supportive.

2. It ended. Though I knew it was going to, it still hurt. Like really hurt. It's just such a shame that we couldn't maintain a connection others spend a lifetime looking for. He allowed his fear of things and people cheat him out of something amazing. Though I know I won't fully forget him, right now, I wish I could and him knowing this, is something he has to live with. I just need to take it one day at a time, bring the focus back on me and allow the emotions. It must get better...

3. All systems go for the course in September :D just waiting on written confirmation, supervisor, clinics and the rest of the logistics but it is happening. I think this will ground and focus me which is exactly what I need. I am kind of terrified of the tapes though!

4. Going to Barbados in November :D :D Woooo! Though it means I am poor now and can't afford my weekly crepe and smoothie. But I know this is exactly what I will need two months in to the course and just before Christmas.

5. Going to South West Four Festival and Notting Hill Carnival at the end of the month. I am truly blessed with great people in my life. I just need to make some time to go home, no place like home turf to get some bearings!
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

ell

Post by ell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:19 am

1) Sooooooooo glad I joined ClinPsy.
2) Thinking I might need to start a reward system for working on my dissertation. Maybe directly relate how many minutes spent on working to how many minutes I'm allowed to spend playing my computer game.
3) It's hilarious how less than one cocktail each can render Mr ell and I extremely tipsy.
4) Still laughing at Mr ell going up to the bar and asking the bartender what to do about the fire in his cocktail.
5) Have a sun burnt nose and stinging nettle rashes all over my legs, but it was sooooooooo worth it.

Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:58 pm

1. I've just booked to have both my hamsters put down tomorrow. I feel sad :( :(
2. I also feel guilty but they are both suffering and it's not fair to keep them alive.
3. I just cried in my office after making the phone call. The secretary caught me and was lovely.
4. I will just have to make their last night special.
5. I think I'll make them something nice for tea.

aojke22

Post by aojke22 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Hope you're not feeling too bad Bobgirl <3 I had to have my rabbit put down recently and it hit me much harder than I thought it would! I feel your pain xx

1) Shift work is SO. TIRING. RAH.
2) Being in a really medicalised environment is also so tiring but in a very different way.
3) Plus point: going on holiday soon. Am finding myself day-dreaming of cocktails on the beach all the time.
4) Really missing my uni journal access :( I'm that weirdo who google scholar-s things for fun. Yep.
5) Had a interesting chat with a lady on the train today. Love those kind of random people moments.

..what a strange mish mash of thoughts!

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:32 pm

1. A week today. It feels so surreal still but like it has also been longer. I still have the thoughts and anxieties that he may just turn up at my door but I keep bringing myself back to the fact he made that decision. I, as a result have blocked his number and all possible social media contact. I only the powers to be to allow this. I don't have it in me to come face to face with any of this ever again.

2. I have some really great friends around me. I have never appreciated them more. Taking me out, messaging and calling me, making plans and keeping me going. I am counting down to seeing them and just getting back to being content and happy.

3. I received the written confirmation of my course offer yesterday :D :D 12th September confirmed start date. Clinics and supervisor in the process to be sorted out but it is all happening. I am excited, prepared but still scared of those tapes!

4.Food plan and shopping list done for the next two months. I have really slacked this year on looking after myself. Whilst I've never been a gym person, I enjoy being smart with my eating and I've not done that for most of this year. My plan is to change that using the upcoming holiday as my motivation.

5. I need to go out dancing!!!!
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:43 am

1. Joooooooobbbbbbb!!! :D :D :D :D :D
2. In my absolute dream area (paeds neuro).
3. Mat cover post, but thoroughly thrilled to have the opportunity to work in it for 9.5 months.
4. :D
5. :D
Fail, fail again, fail better.

astra

Post by astra » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 am

Wowzers WM! Congrats!!! You've had such a long hard journey to this point, it's all finally coming together, so pleased for you :D :D :D
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:29 pm

astra wrote:Wowzers WM! Congrats!!! You've had such a long hard journey to this point, it's all finally coming together, so pleased for you :D :D :D
Muchos grassy-ass, Astra. I've always appreciated the support on ClinPsy. I first registered with the site in 2006 or 7 (I think I had a different sign in, but clearly didn't like it, and name changed in 2008), and feel like my professional journey has been so much enhanced by travelling alongside other prequals, trainees, and you big old qualifieds over the last ten years. Go ClinPsy! :lol:
Fail, fail again, fail better.