5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
ChipChip

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by ChipChip » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:42 am

Hi Beggarsroost,

Just wanted to say good luck for trying again it's the bravest yet scariest thing you can do! Wishing you all the best hope everything works out, it's so frustrating not having any answers.

[quote="Beggarsroost"]1. Finally, after 101 procedures and tests we have been given the go ahead to try again after the loss of our little girl. Equal parts excited and terrified as we never found out why she's not with us.

Best Wishes,
Chip x

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:56 am

Good luck, Beggarsroot. Crossing everything for you. There is a surprisingly (surprising for me, any way) good set of forums on Mumsnet for people in similar circumstances if you look for the most appropriate one. It may be of use to you (or not) - just offering it up. (Don't go near the AIBU thread though. It's both addictive and mean! :lol: )
Fail, fail again, fail better.

SheRa

Post by SheRa » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 pm

1.Portfolio and final case study finished! Whoop!
2.bank holiday Monday here we come :)
3.ksa to complete
4.time to start reclaiming my life
5.and seeing friends more, I feel like a hermit crab coming out of its shell...
By the Power of Grey Skull!

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:06 pm

1. Feeling fragile after a 5 day weekend of festivals and carnival. Urgh.

2. So many bruises! How?! I didn't fall, have a fight or anything that would warrant them :(

3. The realization that something intense happened, time has moved on and my life has not stopped. Even though I know it is going to get easier and better, I could not bring myself to think this 4 weeks ago. It gives me hope that in the next 4 weeks, the realization will have reached home in my mind.

4. Busy few weeks coming up - very busy with work, starting university which requires reading beforehand, my week is changing again, away day with work, need to go home at some point and organize some girly time.

5. Current motto is from Finding Dory 'Just keep swimming' :D
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:22 pm

^ "Just keep swimming" is one of my absolute favourites!

1) A manager shouted at me yesterday for a good 5-10 minutes in the middle of our open office. I didn't cry and I didn't crumble. I calmly, quietly, politely took no sh*t. And I'm really rather proud of that. (even if I did have a meltdown later)
2) My own manager was particularly awesome after this. Can't wait for my supervisor to be back from leave though.
3) Need to write this second abstract for Friday's deadline.
4) How is it an abstract if it's up to 1000 words? That's an essay, for sure... :roll:
5) Need to write this abstract. Need to write this abstract. :?

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:06 am

1. Yesterday marked the anniversary of the day I was last in hospital. It's been an odd few years but a far smoother and more positive one than the preceding years which is always good!

2. My counsellor has become my neighbour! She looked distinctly unimpressed at seeing me this morning or maybe she is not a morning person! It's a tad strange but at the same time it's not that uncommon for the boundaries to be blurred so I'm kind of used to it!!!

3. I've asked X of she is willing to supervise me and she is taking it to supervision it's another change of relationship/blurring of boundaries so I'm not sure what she will say! I hope it's a yes but I will be okay with a no.

4. I won 'Star of the Week' last week at work! It was nice to get it and I do feel part of the team as a staff member not as a service user. It proves it can be done but if I was to start again I'm not sure I would want to work where I live!

5. It's Friday, enough said!

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:00 am

Randomswirls wrote:3. I've asked X of she is willing to supervise me and she is taking it to supervision it's another change of relationship/blurring of boundaries so I'm not sure what she will say! I hope it's a yes but I will be okay with a no.
^ I'm in a similar situation at the moment around supervision / boundaries / conflict of interest stuff, so would be interested to hear how you get on! I hope it works out well for you. :)

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:32 am

1.) I was stung by a wasp for the first time in my life. At four o'clock in the morning. In my ARMPIT. Have you ever been woken up by a wasp depositing its rump in your armpit? It is a singular experience.
2.) Two weeks to submit my PhD. Panic stations, panic stations. :shock:
3.) Two weeks until I start my speech and language therapy course. :D
4.) I'm looking forward to my friend's wedding. It will involve ceilidh dancing, which is the only form of dance that doesn't make me feel self-conscious about having hardly any motor skills, as everyone else looks cheerfully ridiculous too.
5.) I bought a new cardigan in my lunch break the other day on the pretext that the ward I work on was too cold. I could have tolerated the temperature (or asked for the AC to be turned down!), but the cardigan is one of those long-ones with no buttons down the front and it makes me feel as though I am secretly wearing a superhero cape.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:17 pm

1. Being home has made me feel whole again. The saying 'there is no place like home' has never resonated with me more than it has this weekend. I have been able to find some head space, organize my thoughts/feelings and just been able to breathe which has been for me for most part of this year.

2. With said head space, I've been able to focus on the upcoming tasks e.g. starting university so ensuring I am on top of this as this is not the kind of course I can fall behind on and save it in the last minute. As well as this, my attention has turned to the lack of gym visits this year so I am using holiday countdown and body goals to get back in to a rhythym with the classes and actually eating rather than ignoring my hunger until I am about to pass out before reaching for food.

3. I may need to move again. There is a reason why I am restless there but able to find peace at home. He has tainted that flat for me, it has memories of him and the fact he can (even though I know he won't) just turn up has me constantly in a state of anxiety. I don't want to move as the rent and location is ideal but peace of mind outweighs everything else at this point.

4. My weekends are getting busy! Friend moving to Australia, date night with the Huddersfield girls, Bolton roomie, Southend girls, Brighton peeps and of course, the London crew. I just need to keep an eye on finances!

5. In current discussion of revisiting New York for my birthday in January :D :D

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:50 pm

1) Pleasantly surprised to have been shortlisted for my trust's quality improvement awards.
2) ^ Getting through to top 3 would be nice, but delivering a 1-hour workshop would be a mission.
3) Grateful for the chilled weekend - snuggling, F1, tennis etc. Perfect.
4) Not sure how I feel about it being hoodie weather though?
5) Doubly excited for a good ol' Sunday roast! Yum!

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33 pm

1. Japan was amazing
2. Love my new flat
3. Excited to be back in Brum
4. So many things to feel happy about...and I feel like :cry:
5. Soooo not over the break up, even though it was my decision, even though I know I was miserable with him, so so many doubts, so much hurt.

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Firegal, I'm so glad you loved Japan! It is place like no other, isn't it? Sorry you're kind of struggling in other areas - I really hope the new phase of your life you're about to enter proves fantastic for you.

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Geishawife wrote:Firegal, I'm so glad you loved Japan! It is place like no other, isn't it? Sorry you're kind of struggling in other areas - I really hope the new phase of your life you're about to enter proves fantastic for you.
I adored it. Will definitely be going back at some point because 10 nights just isn't long enough, never even had chance to get near Fuji-san. Fell in love with Nara and Miyajima though (so so many pictures of deer!), and was moved to tears in Hiroshima. Climbed Mount Inari in sunshine and came down in a thunderstorm, wandered round a Don Quijote in Tokyo drunk with a loud mouth Aussie and an adorable South African guy, and spent the night drinking and talking with them, putting the world to rights and chucking a racist squaddie out of the hostel. Amazing experience, and a great way to start the next chapter, just need to learn to put the old chapter down now :wink:

Rachelmc23

Post by Rachelmc23 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:51 am

1. I do have the knowledge and skills to be able to meet the standards of my MSc (I had my induction yesterday and was worrying about whether I was "clever enough") :roll:

2. Grass needs cutting. Today is my only day off this week. Lawn mower is broken. Strimmer is at a friends house. Garden shears on my hands and knees it is then?!

3. Educate the ignorant. Especially those who use psychological disorders are adjectives! (Also I need to work on not getting so angry at said ignorance)!

4. Must go to the gym. Must go to the gym. Must go to the gym.

5. I need to sort out my sleeping pattern.
"So often we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to enjoy the journey"

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 pm

^ If you find the motivation to get to the gym, please send some my way!

1. Second week of university already! I am still trying to get my around what is needed to get through this course but thankfully, having friends that have gone through this means I have the support needed around me. Though I know my evenings and weekends need to be planned to ensure I get through it all.

2. Feeling more and more like myself. I don't think I am in a constant state of anxiety like I was a few weeks ago but coming back to the flat still reminds me of him so moving again might be necessary. I know it is getting but I am not sure if it will ever get to the point where I won't wonder if he will turn up here or get in touch though the logical part of me knows he won't. But for the first time, I can say that resonate with the saying that the sky is still the sky without him and I am getting to the point of being ok with this.

3. Going home this weekend :D a close friend is moving to Australia! I am so pleased for her and her leaving do is going together a group of friends from 6th form days which will be really good as it has been hard to organize something to see everyone as life gets in the way!

4. First week of the new rota at work - first day was fine but I know balancing work and relaxing outside is going to become very important to ensure I don't burn out. As part of this, first plan of action is to organise a spa weekend with the girls :D

5. And breathe. And "just keep swimming"