5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 pm

cool thread

1) mmmmm, salmon for tea
2) Yay - study day tomorrow - interested to meet THE Paul Gilbert, be great to be enriched, and i wonder who else will be there I know?
3) Ooh i might see a friend who's got a new puppy this weekend. Cuteness I'm sure
4) Really should read that stuff I've carried around in my bag for weeks now, and that chapter for meeting next week - aargh, too much to do, so little time
5) Should phone my friend's mother - but what do you say to someone who's dying? feel so bad for her and so totally inadequate. will she even answer the phone?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Loula

Post by Loula » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm

I like this!

1. why is it the one day I finish on time there is an accident on the motorway and I got home later than normal :(
2. what colour carpet should we choose and when will my samples of said carpets arrive?
3. i'm so fed up of winter, i just want it to be sunny and warm
4. what should I get my dad for his birthday?
5. why is my friend not bothered about splitting up with her bf of 5 years?

chixta

Post by chixta » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm

miriam wrote: :D :D :D Me and my husband have just had an even more surreal conversation in which he said the staple was probably feeling relieved to be free, and the one he feels sorry for is the one that gets stuck in the top of stapler and has to be removed, reluctantly, with scissors....
True! I feel less bad now for throwing the staples away! :D

Rachel

Post by Rachel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 pm

1. Thoughts about staples have reminded me of similar thoughts about refilling the photocopying with new paper, when it's still got some left - perhaps it would rather be placed on top of the new paper...
2. That going on holiday living in one house, and returning to have moved into another is odd.
3. The huge amount of building work going on is both stupidly noisy, dusty, and is not aiding recovery from this virus
4. That calling your GP surgery when they first open to get an appointment, to be told there are none, but that you can speak to a doctor, who may decide you can see someone is the most ridiculous system when you actually want to see one in person.
5. That having to call the fire brigade last night to above new house made for some interesting curtain twitching!

Mexie

Post by Mexie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 am

daisy wrote:cool thread

1) mmmmm, salmon for tea
2) Yay - study day tomorrow - interested to meet THE Paul Gilbert, be great to be enriched, and i wonder who else will be there I know?
3) Ooh i might see a friend who's got a new puppy this weekend. Cuteness I'm sure
4) Really should read that stuff I've carried around in my bag for weeks now, and that chapter for meeting next week - aargh, too much to do, so little time
5) Should phone my friend's mother - but what do you say to someone who's dying? feel so bad for her and so totally inadequate. will she even answer the phone?
My supervisor's going to that, sounds interesting.

1) Should have brought my research minutes with me this morning to type up before uni starts.
2) Not happy that I have a bit of thesis work to do this weekend, I am used to keeping my weekends free.
3) Spicy meatball and mozzarella panini for breakfast in a minute.
4) Going to the local pub tonight to see friends and get drunk.
5) Need to get everyone organised to book Ibiza flights asap.

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:57 am

This is better than facebook! Like 5x better...

1)I better get up soon or i'll miss my train
2) I wish my friends would look after themselves properly during exam time
3) meeting my friend for a study date will be fun
4) I'm actually being productive today
5) it'll be nice to discuss research ideas with my supervisor

irishemma

Post by irishemma » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:04 am

1. Right, I need to get in the zone with this theisis malarky
2. Looking forward to the girlie night tomorrow
3. Why do I find it impossible to sleep past 6am these days
4. Can't wait till the course is over so I can start my new job and start planning our wedding
5. Why does Mr. irishemma have nothing to eat in his place - I need some breakfast

astra

Post by astra » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 am

1. I like when I start a thread and it grows!
2. When will i decide on an essay title for my coursework? I have 7 days to come up with one - eek!
3. Is the therapy I just started (also for my course) going to "fix" me?
4. TFI Friday!
5. No really what am I going to cook for guests tomorrow night??

escapee

Post by escapee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 am

1. I wish the neighbours would bring me some of the bacon I can smell cooking
2. I'm really pleased my phone case is going to be replaced yet again
3. I need to stop eating chocolate
4. I like study days
5. Looking forward to the weekend and relaxing

Mesa34

Post by Mesa34 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 pm

1) I feel way too sleepy after lunch
2) I wish tech tasks didn't often come with tech problems
3) Can't wait to go climbing today!
4) Even more looking forwards to slacklining soon!!
5) Need to get a move on and stop looking at ClinPsy in order to get enough work done so that I don't feel like I haven't done enough when I go climbing

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:39 pm

1. My case discussion/reflective practice session went really well again - woo hoo!
2. Will I be able to make my meeting this afternoon and back to work and home again without filling my car up with petrol
3. Will I get my house sold so I can buy a new one? I should probably stop looking at right move until I'm ready to buy!
4. I need to clean my house tonight in preparation for a mother visit tomorrow. I hate cleaning my house.
5. What's for tea?

Princess86

Post by Princess86 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

1. I feel ill, bring on five o'clock :cry:
2. I really should read this article so I can get on with my work :oops:
3. Why oh why, no matter how much I eat am I still having to fight the urge to buy some chocolate?! :roll:
4. Will I have enough motivation to go jogging tomorrow? :?
5. How difficult will it be to find another AP post after this one? And why am I worrying about it now when I have until late September til my contract ends...? :shock:

joanner

Post by joanner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm

1. How do you stop every random stranger from telling you about their personal problems in great depth when they find out you're a psychologist?
2. If you twist the truth about what your job is when you first start dating someone, how do you spill the beans later? Perhaps it's better to be honest from day 1 and hope for the best.
3. Will I ever finish my research project and how are you supposed to do it in so little time?
4. Has anyone ever died from eating too much chocolate? Is there a point at which it becomes toxic?
5. How can you ever have a life of any sort whilst doing the clinical doctorate?
Once you know it, you can't unknow it...

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:53 pm

joanner wrote:1. How do you stop every random stranger from telling you about their personal problems in great depth when they find out you're a psychologist?...
I know someone who told people they were a dentist. If they said they had a dodgy tooth, they offered to look and then said, "Hmmm, oh dear, I'd whip quite a few of these out!" :lol:

joanner

Post by joanner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Ruthie wrote:
joanner wrote:1. How do you stop every random stranger from telling you about their personal problems in great depth when they find out you're a psychologist?...
I know someone who told people they were a dentist. If they said they had a dodgy tooth, they offered to look and then said, "Hmmm, oh dear, I'd whip quite a few of these out!" :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about this because a workman came to my house last week and after finding out I was a trainee psychologist, he spent half an hour telling me in great detail about his best friend's slow and emotionally-laden death from cancer. It was quite awkward as it was a tragic story, clearly still very painful and I really felt for him. Yet I couldn't help thinking how inappropriate the conversation was, standing on my driveway in freezing cold weather and completely distracted from his job.

Oh, the dilemmas in life! From now on, I'm going to be a librarian...
Last edited by joanner on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once you know it, you can't unknow it...