5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
astra

Post by astra » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

1. When am I going to write the essay for my CAT course?
2. I've got session 2 of my therapy for my CAT training today and I'm anxious about it.
3. I need coffee.
4. My caffeine addiction has got out of hand again, must cut down.
5. I think self sabotage is going to be a theme in my therapy. . .

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 am

baa wrote:
miriam wrote: 5. Why does it bother me more to eat gelatine when I know what animal it comes from?*

(*I'm a life-long vegetarian, but as a kid I didn't know gelatin was an animal product so I didn't avoid it, and still sometimes let it slip into my diet in the form of Haribos or the like)
Personalisation? :))
Yeah, I think its because as a kid there wasn't a gelatin meat or a gelatin animal, but if they say "pork gelatin" or "beef gelatin" or "bovine gelatin" it sounds disgusting! Just like I couldn't eat "animal fat" or cochineal (which sounded enough like 'crushed beetle' to remind me where they get it). I didn't avoid rennet, as again I didn't know the source and there wasn't enough choice as a kid to pick veggie cheese. I guess I'm not an obsessive vegetarian, I just don't eat meat or fish or the main derivatives.

Thoughts for this morning:

1. Building work creates dust that gets everywhere and I'm beginning to really miss having clean surfaces and objects in my life!
2. I'm not sure the management team meeting tomorrow will work if I bring my babies
3. I'm not sure my babies will let me leave them with someone else in the building whilst I go to the management team meeting
4. Oh well, that will teach them to ask me to do stuff whilst I'm on maternity leave!
5. Must write up my case study so that I am officially acredited to use 'In My Shoes' given I've done the training, and I'm using it
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm

1. I can't believe I thought today would be straightforward
2. This case is really upsetting
3. Why does my supervisor have to be away today of all days
4. I'm really looking forward to my mini break next weekend
5. This is going to be really hard

CatFace

Post by CatFace » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

My 5 thoughts today:

1. If I fall asleep at my computer, would that be unprofessional?
2. I wish that I wasn't so confused by the 42 varieties of 'Cream' wall paint that I've found for the new flat - maybe I should just go with 'Magnolia' and be done with it.
3. How do mermaids have babies?*
4. It's horribly sad that my client lost 25 years of his life to addiction.
5. My service going up for tender has really gotten a lot of people down here.

* Moving flat + sleep deprivation makes me have some very strange thoughts/daydreams.

Campion

Post by Campion » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Shreena_U wrote: 3. How do mermaids have babies?
Genius. :D

1: Why is the 'science' of memetics so popular when it's basically just badly masticated and regurgitated Information Transfer Theory whose 'effects' where disproved long ago?
2: Why regrind an axe which has no blade?
3: When will I stop thinking in pointless metaphor?
4: Is it a good idea to eat this pie?
5: I hope today is better than yesterday.

Campion.
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.

Tinydancer

Post by Tinydancer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 pm

1. Im tired
2. Stupid NHS Ethics: why does it have to be so long
3. Why won't my supervisors stop faffing about with my NHS ethics form and just let me send the damn thing
4. Hmmm chicken wings, junk food
5.Tired

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

i hate my course x 4
i hate my lecturer and wish many harsh things upon her

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm

miriam wrote: 2. I'm not sure the management team meeting tomorrow will work if I bring my babies
3. I'm not sure my babies will let me leave them with someone else in the building whilst I go to the management team meeting
4. Oh well, that will teach them to ask me to do stuff whilst I'm on maternity leave!
Bring the babies to the meeting! Then if anyone says anything you disagree with, give them a little poke so they cry and you can say, "Clearly that is not a good idea" and if someone says something you like you tickle them to make them giggle and say, "Evidently, this is the right way to proceed." :lol:

Campion

Post by Campion » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 pm

miriam wrote:2. I'm not sure the management team meeting tomorrow will work if I bring my babies
Win-win situation then. :D

Campion.

EDIT: Argh! Beaten to the punch by Ruthie...
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm

LOL. One of my babies has a wonderful way of looking seriously at whatever is going on and then shaking her head disapprovingly :D The other one squeals like a piglet if either distressed or delighted, with only her facial expression differentiating unless you know her :D I wonder which would be most desirable in the meeting? Actually I suspect that babies are such good attention magnets that nothing much will get done whilst they are visible (and in my case whilst they are audible!)
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

noodle

Post by noodle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:13 pm

1. Wow what a really great stage 2 health psychology post...with really good money...in the right location....shame I'm a sucker for clinical!

2. Weight watcher's sweet and sour sauce tastes like tomato juice

3. John Bishop is very very funny

4. ACT is very complicated :shock:

5. Only 2 days of annual leave left until April to fit in selection tests and interviews :shock:

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:34 am

1. I get to sleep in my own bed for 6 nights straight without packing an overnight bag, score :D
2. Ha, I used to do all this stuff about Brief Functional Assessment in my AP post pre-doctorate. Nice to have a lecture session where I can nod sagely and mean it.
3. Mini Cheddars are great.
4. Why has some random American chap asked to hear my choir's version of a Guys+Dolls medley??
5. I wish every night was a Glee night.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

baa

Post by baa » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

miriam wrote: One of my babies has a wonderful way of looking seriously at whatever is going on and then shaking her head disapprovingly :D
Take this one!

katja

Post by katja » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:36 pm

5. I wish every night was a Glee night.
Me too :D

2. Why did I dream last night about being in an exercise class with nice drapes on the wall with Laurence Llewlyn Bowen trying to steal them?

3. Why do all my cats sleep on the bed when there are many other places to choose from?

4. I think even though I need the money that I will wait until I get a job that reflects my experience and skills, but what if a long gap on my CV is worse argh

5. I am getting hungry, lunch soon

CurlyHair
Team Member

Post by CurlyHair » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:55 pm

1. It is always a good idea to eat a pie.
2. Mmmm, pie.
3. Yoga after work, then a nice gin and tonic - I wonder if one cancels the other out...
4. Husband's birthday tomorrow, I hope he enjoys the brewery trip I've organized and everyone turns up on time.
5. My new bookshelves are amazing, must go to Amazon...via the ClinPsy links (natch).

Have a good weekend everyone :)