5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
Victoriomantic

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by Victoriomantic » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 am

Thank you! :D :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:04 pm

1.) I have an interview invitation for a research fellowship in a wonderful department and lovely city. :shock: I feel a bit dazed. I didn't expect to get an interview, as my research interests don't quite fit the brief they set out in the advert. I emailed them to ask if they could consider me anyway (and to suggest a few reasons why they should). A few years ago I wouldn't have dared to do that. Clearly the more confident approach pays off.
2.) Continuing in the confident theme, I can wear those snazzy new trousers that I almost didn't dare to buy.
3.) I'm rereading RD Laing's The Divided Self at the moment. It's a fascinating book, but I always feel torn over his work. I find it difficult to separate his compassionate writing about psychosis from the cruel way he treated his own family members when they were struggling with psychological difficulties.
4.) Time to do some laundry and forage for lunch.
5.) I have period pain. Lunch needs to consist of a 500g chocolate bar. Two of them.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:32 am

1. I think it is finally over.

2. I had the viva. I survived. I hope I said enough to pass. Results soon :D

3. I am really enjoying the CBT role, I need to fine tune my week and rota but the transition has been better than I expected so I feel really blessed.

4. Few busy weeks ahead in the social calendar but I am looking forward to enjoying them without the dark cloud of the last few years.

5. I miss home.
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 am

1. I PASSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can now call me 'Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist' :D Actually cried upon opening email :oops:

2. Feels unreal to have finished. I really want to focus on enjoying the next few weeks and sit with this feeling.

3. No more excuses for not going gym/eating properly now that I actually have time in my life - kind of yay...

4. Retail therapy as reward is also awesome :D

5. 'sighs calmly' - I am blessed.

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Congratulations!!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Congrats nomnom, that's great :)
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 am

Thank you Victoriamantic and Miriam :D

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:58 am

Congrats nomnom. I hope you've updated your work email signature. ;)

1.) My flight was delayed by seven hours and didn't take off until nearly five o'clock in the morning. The delay was the same length as the flight itself. My bed has never looked so lovely and cosy.
2.) Hell-flight aside, I had a great visit with my childhood best friend. We've known each other for twenty-three years, and when I met her, I was reminded of why we're still close. The disarming honesty, for a start - I hadn't been in her house for an hour before she was eyeing me critically and announcing that I needed to get a more supportive bra. Everyone needs at least one friend like this in their lives.
3.) The lady at the cattery seems reluctant to restore my cat to my custody. I can't blame her. My cat has that affect on people.
4.) How do you choose between two clashing job interviews that can't be rescheduled?! Both opportunities look really good in their different ways and I'd be happy doing either. At the moment I'm inclining towards the one with the higher salary, but that feels a bit mercenary...
5.) I seem to be coming down by a cold. I am not going to a job interview full of cold. I refuse. Ginger tea it is.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 pm

I did lingua! I hope you're feeling better and rested.

1. I still don't think it has fully hit me that all the studying is over. I find myself with time for the first time in so many years. A part of me wants so sit with it but the other part of me is grieving at not being as busy!

2. It doesn't help that my personal life has also changed recently so I'm sure some feelings of upset and loss are coming from this too but just need to ride out this period.

3. I need some reflection time. Firstly to tolerate how I am feeling and then to plan working towards other goals so I don't spend too long in this 'lull' period.

4. I really need to clean my room. I have so much stuff that I don't need or wear which needs addressing. Hmm, trip to charity shop or maybe a car boot sale :D

5. Fasting today and all I can think about it coffee and coke... :oops: