D-KEFS

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

jadeywadey

D-KEFS

Post by jadeywadey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi everyone

I have some quick questions with regards to the D-KEFS. How long do you think it will take to get to learn?- Is it like doing the WAIS where you have to be familiar with the scoring criteria/ continue/discontinue criteria or it is pretty straight forward to use and get the hang of?- The context is that I have to borrow it from another service and I don't have a lot of time to familiarise myself with it before using it. Also how long would you say the whole thing takes to administer?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Borrowed Cone

Re: D-KEFS

Post by Borrowed Cone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 pm

You certainly won't need to administer the entire DKEFS battery which is pretty huge. I'd try to have a chat with your supervisor first about which executive functions really need assessment. Is there a way you can borrow the administration manual first for a bit longer as it is best to make sure you are familiar with the tests or it could hamper the administration and invalidate the tests?

The Cone
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: D-KEFS

Post by BlueCat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Some of it is quite a fiddle, I have to say. I have been i a similar position a few times(have borrowed it for short period).
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.