SDQ

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

Amina

SDQ

Post by Amina » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Our team used to use the youthinmind website for scoring SDQs, but is no longer doing so due to costs. We have the info about the new 4-band categories, and I have created an excel spreadsheet which will give us scores for Total Difficulties and all the other areas, as well as the category descriptions.

However, the Healthinmind site used to give a 'risk rating' (NOT the same as the very high, high, etc ratings), which I think was something like 'probable' (or maybe 'likely'?!), possible etc. I believe this is generated through triangulation of SDQ scores from different sources (i.e. parent and teacher).

I am wondering how I can work out these risk categories ......... The SDQinfo website DOES have an algorithm for SPSS, STATA or SAS, and I am wondering if this it what the Heakthinmind website used to use? If so, I can probably work out how to set it up in SPSS with a bit of help!

Just wondering of anyone knows for sure how the risk categories were calculated and if the SDQinfo algorithms are what I need to use?

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: SDQ

Post by miriam » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Ask CORC?
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com