Private messages stayin in outbox??

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
rhos55

private messaging?

Post by rhos55 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 pm

How come some msgs go straight away where others just hang around in the outbox and take ages to go???

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Elsie

Post by Elsie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

They only 'go' when someone has read them. If they are sitting in your outbox you can assume that someone hasn't accessed their private message from you yet. If it goes immediately that means someone must be online and has read it straight away. Once it has been read it goes into your sent items.

Hope that helps :)
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
-~-Maya Angelou-~-

rhos55

Post by rhos55 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:52 pm

ahhh i see!
thanks very much!

Yomama

Why are my private messages stuck in outbox?

Post by Yomama » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am

Hi, My private messages are stuck in the outbox - does anyone know how to get them sent?

Borrowed Cone

Re: Why are my private messages stuck in outbox?

Post by Borrowed Cone » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am

Have no fear! They remain in your outbox until they are read by the recipient.
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

marsupialmama

problem sending PM

Post by marsupialmama » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section to post to. I have trouble replying to PMs. I have also tried to send a new one (as opposed to replying to one) and it is not working. They are all showing in outbox (first one since last night and now I have three there).

Interestingly, I received an email notification of a reply from someone, but the message itself is not showing in inbox here on forum. I have checked for space, but I still have space for more messages.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated!

BenJMan

Re: problem sending PM

Post by BenJMan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:43 pm

PM's stay in your outbox until the person has read them, they have actually been sent :)

As for getting an email but not in your inbox.. i'm not sure, thats a new one. The only issue is normally space. Someone else might have more thoughts.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

marsupialmama

Re: problem sending PM

Post by marsupialmama » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Ha, I learned something new... thank you! My understanding limited by experience of outlook use only :?
I shall now try and see if deleting from outbox will be effective -just so that I don't fill up the recipient's inbox

Thank you!

Tyrus27

Private messages stayin in outbox??

Post by Tyrus27 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am

Hi all.

I rarely use the private messaging function on this, but recently got a few messages from others, which I've tried to reply to. When I try to send a reply, my messages just seem to sit in the outbox folder rather than transferring to the sent items folder. Is this supposed to happen?

I had assumed that once I've replied and hit "submit" it should send straight away? What am I doing wrong?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

sarahg

Re: Private messages stayin in outbox??

Post by sarahg » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi,

It stays in outbox until somebody has read them :)

Tyrus27

Re: Private messages stayin in outbox??

Post by Tyrus27 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:27 pm

sarahg wrote:Hi,

It stays in outbox until somebody has read them :)

Aaahhh, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me...technology isn't one of my strengths :oops:

sophie6543

Messaging function not working

Post by sophie6543 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am

Hello
Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have tried to send a few messages using the private message function but they just seem to sit in my outbox and don't actuslly send. My inbox/sent box is nowhere near full. Please can you advise?

Many Thanks!

kathrynjane

Re: Messaging function not working

Post by kathrynjane » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:13 pm

sophie6543 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am
Hello
Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have tried to send a few messages using the private message function but they just seem to sit in my outbox and don't actuslly send. My inbox/sent box is nowhere near full. Please can you advise?

Many Thanks!
Hi Sophie

See responses above- the messages sit in your outbox until the recipient reads them, but the messages have been sent so don’t worry