We now have a site twitter account!

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: We now have a site twitter account!

Post by miriam » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 am

We've now got 460 followers and H2eau is doing a fantastic job at putting out regular tweets for us. I add a few bits, but she deserves a medal!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 am

Just to echo and update the above. We've now sent 2000 tweets into the ether, and have over 900 followers. So well done to H2eau who has done the majority of our tweeting.

We are going to look at further social media stuff in our next target list for the site, but it will have to wait a little while as we need to check and update all the wikis as we enter 2012, and we are working on issue 5 of Aspire.
Miriam

astra

Post by astra » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

I'm resolutely refusing to join Twitter, i just can't keep on top of it all. I think I'm getting old!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

astra wrote:I'm resolutely refusing to join Twitter, i just can't keep on top of it all. I think I'm getting old!
Haha, same here. Well. I do have a twitter account, and I follow various accounts (including ClinPsy) but I only check it once a month or something. ):
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

drferrari

Post by drferrari » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:02 am

Fantastic!!! Now following as @carla_psych

I'm wondering -- does anyone else have hesitations about their twitter / FB being reviewed by prospective interviewers for employment or the DClinPsych and concerned that it might influence their decision based on your banter on social media with friends?? Has anyone decidedly arranged to have numerous accounts for these reasons??

Call me crazy, I might just be a little overcautious/OCD!

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 am

I think with all social media, its best to protect yourself with the appropriate measures - my online presence is protected as much as possible - whilst noone would have much of a problem tracking down my identity, once they do that theres not anything online that I wouldnt want them knowing in real life.
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Will
Team Member

Post by Will » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Having a self portrait as your avatar on a public forum probably doesn't help with anonymity Gilly...
Ponderings and wonderings in 140 characters - @willcurvis

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 pm

SEMI Self portrait!

You cant tell my nose, eye colour or lip shape from my picture.

I'm completely anonymous! :)
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

FuzzyDuck

Post by FuzzyDuck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

I met Gilly once, and I saw nothing except blond hair and a completely blank face. I don't even think he HAD eyes, or lips.

It was a memorable occasion.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

By way of update, and mainly thanks to H2eau, we have now got 2300 twitter followers and have made 2500 tweets. So do follow us if you are on twitter, or think of joining twitter if you want our digest of all the latest news related to CP. We are @clinpsy logically enough.
Miriam

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 am

I thought I should update this. Thanks to the fabulous Zoe we now have nearly 4000 followers and have made 3880 tweets. If you don't already follow us, please do. I'd like to think we search out the best of the psychology on the web and send it out to you in bite size pieces, without inundating you with content.
Miriam