Hello: Introduce yourself here!

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
irishemma

Post by irishemma » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:32 pm

Hello

I am Emma. I am a current trainee on a clinical course. I am in my second year (of five) as I am doing the flexible training. My work component is in Learning Disabilities and I really enjoy it.

In my spare time I enjoy swimming, walking, reading, movies and spending time with my partner and my friends.

My favourite colour varies but I always like pinks and reds, and also purple, and beiges and browns....hmmm, good to see I have made up my mind on that one!

I am not a huge fan of ice cream - not got a sweet tooth - an indulgence for me is more likely to be crisps and dips or a nice selection of cheeses!

I like wine, in particular sparkling wines.

I love cats but can't have one as my flat won't allow it b :(

Think that is all you could possibly want to know just now!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
katyboo

Post by katyboo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi my name is Katy
I also came from an arts background originally but am going to be a 1st year trainee in Sept this year and am v excited about it too!
I love cats & my favorite colours are purple, pink and also more natural brown shades
I love savory food especially pizza and thai food- but would not turn down a piece of cake either!
I love all things Antipodean and my idea of heaven would be a hoiday to Western Australia, the Maldives or Hawaii

Am looking forward to summer hugely :lol:

mockingbird85

Post by mockingbird85 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey guys,

I'm Mockingbird (MB for short).
Favourite colours; claret and blue ( :lol: :wink: )
Favourite food; Chicken madras (ummmm)
I've just graduated Uni (got a 2:2) and have an interview for Lancs (fingers crossed!). I love football (playing and watching) and seriously considering taking up snowboarding.

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi,

Favourite colours: I have never understood this concept, but in my house I seem to have a penchant for chocolate brown

I don't own a cat, I'm rather allergic to the little blighters and don't much like them anyway. Cats' tongues freak me out.

I like Ben and Jerry's ice-cream and Haagen-Daz, but actually own an ice-cream maker and make some interesting icecreams myself - limoncello and strawberries anyone?

My favourite food is Thai.

I am getting very into Woody Allen films atm, and used to be a member of an arthouse cinema club (not now, because we moved house and don't have a close enough arthouse cinema).

Ruthie
Last edited by Ruthie on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

astra

Post by astra » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Hi, I'm Astra, I like reading, I want to work with children or animals and I like travelling.

(Actually I'm not that keen on animals so I don't really want to work with them, and to be honest any job would be good at the moment!)

Shelley

Post by Shelley » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:30 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm Shelley. My favourite colour is purple. I have two guinnea pigs, but no cats (yet).
Favourite food: chocolate :D , or if it has to be proper food - cheese.

I'm in my second assistant post, and have 3 interviews this year, but not had one yet (first one next week - eeek!). :shock:

Betty Barclay

Post by Betty Barclay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:37 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Betty. Nice to be here :)

Hmmm well my favourite colours are bright pink and red, I have a cat and currently love beans in all forms - baked, casseroles, salads etc.... I'm going to be starting clinical training in September (not sure if I should say which one... :?: ), and plan to do alot of sitting in my sunny garden during the summer. It's funny how we've already created a safe list of things to disclose - here is something else to add to the melting pot - I'm scared of one man bands! :D

nettyb

Post by nettyb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Hello,

I'm nettyb and I'm a qualified clinical psychologist currently working in Adult Mental Health. I'm just about to start a new job on an NHS inpatient ward in North Yorkshire, and I'll be doing some CMHT work and setting up a personality disorder service too. In my spare time I like to spend time with friends and loved ones, have a few pints and watch cheesy movies. I'm becoming a big fan of kick boxing and find it such a good way to ease stress and tension.

My favourite colours are cream, deep red and browns and would have every room in my house decorated in those colours but I don't think Mr Nettyb would approve!

I love chocolate but definitely have to be in the mood for it. Haribo star mix is also a favourite. I've recently become a cider fan and appear to have gone off wine and lager (must be my age!!).

I would love to have a dog (a chocolate brown Labrador - would compliment the décor nicely :lol: ) but as we both work full time it would be cruel.

nettyb
Last edited by nettyb on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chixta

Post by chixta » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:02 pm

Hello,

I'm Chixta (the new, cooler Chickster natch! :lol: )

I'm supposed to be preparing for my interview on Monday but I'm doing this instead.

I am amazingly talented, incredibly goodlooking and pretty much perfect in every way :wink: I'm also very humble.

My fave colour is GREEN cause I'm an ECO-WARRIOR and love nature and being outdoors :mrgreen:

I love all animals and try not to kill wasps or flies or spiders. Oh but I'm also a complete hypocrite, because I eat meat. :oops:

I introduced the term 'Devils avocado', based on a mistake a service user made in a group session that I was running :lol: You may all use this term when you want to say 'Devils advocate'.

I love cats and dogs and have four cats and two dogs (but only two cats actually live with me and hubby in our house, the others are at my mums).

Chix

steve79

Post by steve79 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Im Steve

I think everyone knows some stuff about me already, but just to add to your knowledge....

my favourite colour is green
I dont have a cat
I love pizza
and enjoy Miriam's chocolate lol "green & blacks

Only in my second assistant psych post despite being offered 4 and 1 GMHW over the past 3 years (they come along like buses!)

Ste :)

postgraduate

Hello?

Post by postgraduate » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:19 pm

Hello Im Postgraduate (postgrad on the other forum)
My favourite colour is yellow
I have two cats- Bam Bam a six month old male who is both affectionate and greedy and Fleur my year old female cat who is both aloof and anxious! :)
I like pizza My favourite is plain old cheese and tomato,

I teach at a sixth form and mark first and second year psychology undergraduate work. Im just writing up my PhD (part-time). Ive worked as a support worker and an AP in private healthcare and now Im applying for posts in the NHS. Im hoping something will come up for me soon so I can start gaining some more relevant experience for when I (eventually) apply the doctorate.

:D

Bella

Post by Bella » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:00 am

Hello! My name is Kelly and I currently work in Birmingham ( RA in EIS). I have worked in quite a few places and posts and I have met some really good people through psychology!

I am just in the process of buying a house with my boyfriend - and its all very exciting! We hope to get either a cat, rabbit or dog once we move - but we can't quite decide which to go for!!

I love music, chocolate and reading!

I didn't apply this year as I am on a 2-year contract, but will be giving it a go in September :?

X

Laura

Post by Laura » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi everyone

This is a great idea! My name's Laura (although some of you may know me as Loz!). I don't really have a favourite colour, but I like red and purple, and am also partial to pastel colours! My parents have two lovely cats, who I miss loads now I've moved out of home! My favourite food is pizza...Fiorentina would be my top choice.

I'm currently working as a Research Assistant which I really enjoy, but I'll be leaving in the summer as I've been offered a place on a clinical course :D I've got some more interviews coming up as well....

Sugarspun Sister

Post by Sugarspun Sister » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi everyone. My real name isnt sugarspun, nor am I anyone's sister, my name comes from a stone roses song. I didn't realise how rude it was til I looked up the lyrics, but I already had my name over on the other forum and didnt want to change it! Oops.

I dont have a cat - I am deathly allergic. Did I mention I'm also a bit dramatic?! My fave colours are black, silver, red and green. I don't eat meat, so I'm not too fussy about pizza toppings (I tend to find that if you go out to eat with a crowd, and you rule out meat straight off, you cant be too fussy about the rest!!). Although if pushed, I would have mushrooms, red onion and pineapple. I once had brocolli on a pizza though, and that was definitely not good.

I'm an AP in my second post, and have done various other bits and bobs too. I quite like craft-type things, and gardening, and am annoyed with myself at the moment as I spent the last 20 mins watering it until I realised there was a huge black cloud lurking above me :roll:

lizzy

Post by lizzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:03 am

Hey guys,

I'm lizzy. I like yellow best. Although, I've no clothes or furniture that colour....but I do have some snazzy yellow shoes!

I only like cheese pizza...I'd prefer a chinese or some chocolate. :lol:

Im just finished up in an AP post and about to start in a research role. Gulp. Looking forward to it tho.

In my spare time I like meeting friends, comedy, dance and reading.

Nice to meet you all!