Hello: Introduce yourself here!

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
Dr_EveL

Post by Dr_EveL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:22 pm

irishemma wrote:
I like wine
ok so I know what you'll be drinking tonight then ;)

I like moaning and love pizza!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
vicki

Post by vicki » Tue May 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi All

I'm Vicki, been lurking a bit until now - just couldn't think of anything substantial to say. I'm a researcher who has no pets (I'm a bit scared of animals actually!), and my fave colour is probably purple (that's quite a common one i think). don't have a fave ice cream-i only ever eat ice cream when i go to the cinema and always manage to mix the wrong flavours together after spending ages trying to decide (I always take ages to decide!).

So there you go, that's me, ta-dah!!!

emmajane

Hellooo

Post by emmajane » Thu May 03, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Em and I'm about to start a psychology conversion course (well, in September) I live in Berkshire and I'm seeing a pattern emerging in this thread so...my fave colours are probably turquoise, spring/leafy green and aubergine (the prettiest vegetable i believe!). I love spanish films and travelling and italian icecream (i lived in venice for 3 months and now english icecream just doesnt do it anymore!)

I really like this new site and this thread was a great idea!

oh...almost forgot....my fave pizza topping is of the spicy vegetarian variety.

ABM

Post by ABM » Thu May 03, 2007 11:25 pm

Hiya! I'm new to all of this because I never managed to get an account activated for PsyClick :( Hopefully this will be more successful for me! :D

I'm ABM (but you can call me A!), and I live in Scotland. I enjoy Snowboarding and drinking Gin and Cranberry.

I am a dog person, and not so fond of cats...

My colour of choice at the moment is green, although this is likely to fluctuate with mood.

Nice to meet you!

A xxx
'Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can'

Apprentice

Post by Apprentice » Mon May 07, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi I'm Apprentice, Im a 'leyday'. I'm in my 1st AP post at the min, I was a bit of a lurker on Psyclick but feel in a position now to post more as I feel a bit more informed.

I would say I'm quite calm, collected but deep. I have a tendency to procrastinate and I'm always the last person to arrive. I love rummaging in TKMaxx and finding bargains. I'm also quite into house music and going out for cocktails in nice bars!

Fav food - You can't beat cheesy chips at the end of a night out

just looking

Post by just looking » Tue May 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Good day to you one and all.

I'm reintroducing myself as Elsie kindly pointed me this way.

My finals have began and the first exam today went well.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue May 08, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi to all the new people. Welcome. Thanks for your contributions and comments about the site. Its great to have so many people with a common interest in one place :D
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

jemma.c

Post by jemma.c » Thu May 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi i'm jemma
currently studying for A levels in english literature, biology and psychology (my fave subject lol) going to warwick university to study psychology in september and am absolutely terrified...
and hoping to be a clinical psychologist when i grow up :roll:
(CP replaced the ice cream lady whch i wanted to be when i was little as my mum explained that i couldn't eat all the ice cream as i wouldn't make any money...broke my heart :oops: :lol: )

My main interests in psychology are eating disorders and things such as body dysmorphic disorder (mainly because of my own self image/esteem issues) but also interested in Autism disorder as my lil brother has Aspergers and bipolar disorder as my nan had that.

Love to read, write poetry and ramble (as you can tell). Fave colour is purple though i always wanted to paint my room black... :roll:
don't eat pizza but fave ice cream is B&J choc chip cookie dough
so...that's me :D
jemma
x

just looking

Post by just looking » Fri May 11, 2007 6:31 pm

A-levels and you know what you want to be?

Corr I wish I was like that. Would have put some effort in...

Good stuff!

EB

Post by EB » Mon May 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Hello :) I'm EB I've finally signed myself up to this new clinpsy. form.

I'm a first year PhD student investigating cultural and quality of life issues with learning disabilities and older adults. I hope to get into clinical after this PhD although at 26, I'm feeling a little old :roll:

I've completed an MSc in Research Methods in Psych (from UCL) and an MSc in Health Psych, so I'm happy to help out anyone who is thinking about doing such courses!

Fave colour – Probably dark red and dark purple (sounds like a bruise!)

Fave ice cream it has to be half baked ben and jerries.

Fave pizza- I adore the extra spicy pizzas with loads of veggies on them! (oooo yum-starting to feel hungry thinking about pizzas and ice creams!)

Fave film- Theres so many! Im a closet dvd addict (i have nearly 130 of them :shock: ). I can quite happily watch Shawshank Redemeption all day long :)

Pets- Nope

Current job- I'm not offically in a job, but this PhD I'm doing, certainly feels like one!

Other things I like doing are eating, going to the cinema, reading, internet stuff and above all spending time with my boyfriend (I miss him) :oops:

EB
xx

Eli

I'm new here!

Post by Eli » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 am

Hey All,

I am new to this site. I am currently completing my studies to qualify as a clinical psychologist in South Africa. I have worked as an assistent psychologist in the UK before and am familiar with the structures. I am planning to return to the UK. Spcifically, I am interested in the psychology of men and masculinities.

Eli.

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:12 pm

EB wrote:half baked ben and jerries.
Did anyone else read that as "half baked bean and what?!?!" or is that just my brain playing tricks on me?

Welcome to both of you. Lovely to have more people on board, and great that we now have over 600 members :D
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

KF

Post by KF » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 am

Hello, I'm Kate.

I've just finished a CertHE in Psychological Studies - I have a degree in English but decided to study Psychology part time after a few years in the workplace (first as a teacher and then as a copywriter).

Birmingham have offered me a place on their MRes Psychology, which starts in October, but I am also talking to Derby about transferring my credits to their BSc in Applied Psychology. There are advantages to both routes, so I am trying to think about which I will get most from on a personal level.

At the moment I am just getting an idea of whether Clinical Psychology could be a good option for me in the future. So I have secured a Support Worker role in mental health (currently waiting for my CRB check to go through) as a starting point. Fortunately I have quite a bit of voluntary experience that is relevant too.

In terms of pets, I don't have any, but our next door neighbour's parrot is frequently in the garden. My favourite ice cream is the sadly discontinued Miss Daisy's Apple and Mint.

Nice to meet everyone!

billy-talent

Hey

Post by billy-talent » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Hey just saying hello.

I'm Steve, currently going into second year Psychology at uni. Looking to get a place (with great difficulty I'm told) as a trainee clinical psychology.

Blue_flower

Post by Blue_flower » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:06 pm

Hello I'm Andrea

I'm (nearly come September anyway!) a final year PhD student looking at depression in coronary heart disease patients and how it affects quality of life. I'm hoping to get into clinical training but like 'EB' I'm also feeling a little bit old after doing a BSc, MSc and now PhD!

I got married in June and my bridesmaids dresses were my favouite colour - pale blue. Favourite ice cream - at the moment raspberry pavlova, favourite pizza - cajun chicken, favourite film - Dirty Dancing (Patrick Swayze in tight black trousers is timeless!)

So that's me, xx