Accepting new members?

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
bedsap

Accepting new members?

Post by bedsap » Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 am

A friend of mine has tried to join the site but hasn't been accepted yet. Is the site accepting new members?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: Accepting new members?

Post by ell » Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 am

When did they try to join? Bear in mind the forum is run completely by volunteers with busy jobs and home lives so there can be a little wait. However we are definitely accepting new members - the more the merrier! Maybe PM one of the admins if your friend has been waiting a very long time.

bedsap

Post by bedsap » Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks for your help ell :)

I'll find out when they applied and pm one of the admins on their behalf.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue May 21, 2013 6:19 pm

We manually activate accounts after a short delay (normally 4-48 hours, but if the admins are busy it can be 2-4 days) to reduce spammers. All accounts registered are now activated.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:11 am

Apologies if anyone is having trouble joining - we've been inundated with spam from Russia/Ukraine over the last 48 hours, so I've had to ban some IP ranges and delete about 60 suspicious new accounts.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com