Jobs you might have missed thread

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Jobs you might have missed thread

Post by miriam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 pm

I get that it is good for users to have that information, but we also need to make the site financially viable and our only income is from advertising. Why would anyone pay to advertise a vacancy if others are being posted for free in that thread?

The answer is that they wouldn't, and in fact several people have signed up and pretended to be users leaving posts to advertise in that thread to circumvent our payment system...
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Necnill

Post by Necnill » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 pm

I use that thread a lot, it always felt like an easier and faster way to have an overview of details of certain positions than clicking in and out of dedicated posts. It's also nice that those leaving positions can advise on where will be hiring soon, which is something I haven't seen elsewhere. It's a good model in that respect, and something I haven't seen much of elsewhere.

nunnkle

Post by nunnkle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am

Ive used the thread a few times a couple of years ago and found it helpful to think of places/ search terms to use, but I agree that people should not be avoiding paying.

There's no reason why a thread with just 'unusal search terms (etc)' wouldnt be just as useful- I don't think people should just rely on other people to post links to job adverts- a list of unusual terms could help people to locate more jobs for themselves and to think more widely about available experiece.

So my vote is to go ahead and change it to one with just this, and possibly links to NHS jobs and NSHscotland as suggested earlier in this thread. :D