search function

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
Pink

search function

Post by Pink » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Mods et al. :)

I've been having some trouble with the search function, for a couple of weeks now. Every time I search something it either comes up 'the search function is not available right now, please try again in a few minutes', or it will find X number of posts, but when I click on the second page of found posts the error message appears again. I've been trying to do the same search for nearly three days now and am not having any luck. Is this something I am doing wrong, or is there something going on with the system?

many thanks,

Pink
Kintsukuroi: 'to repair with gold'. the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.

@Sushipink22

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: search function

Post by miriam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm not hitting the same issue or able to replicate it, nor have I had any tech concerns that might be related. But I'll check our server space when I get back home next week and back up the chat log file (as that can get unwieldy) and see if fuzzy has time to update the forum software (though it's only one minor update behind) and I'm not convinced either is directly relevant to what you are reporting. Meanwhile can you check on a different computer or internet connection or when no-one is logged into chat?
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

BenJMan

Re: search function

Post by BenJMan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 am

The only time I have come across this issue is when you work very quickly through the search function, if you just wait a couple of seconds between searches, or between searching and moving to results etc, it usually works fine. I don't think it likes very quick attempts to search, it may be an anti spam feature or some such..
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.