Live chat is working again :D

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
bunnies

Re: Live chat

Post by bunnies » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Its it still not working for anyone else (just wondering if its just me)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
bluegoat

Post by bluegoat » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Yup, it's still broken.

ell

Post by ell » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 am

I think there are ongoing major technical issues - please see previous posts in the thread. I'm sure Miriam will announce any changes.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 am

The chat software doesn't work with the new hosting or the php updates. Lee, the programmer who bolted that chat application to our forum, has moved to Barcelona and has many other things going on. Unless I want to pay someone else to start from scratch at making something new, I just have to wait until he is able to have a look at it. This website having a livechat facility is a bonus, not a core function (let alone an entitlement) and the site costs me enough to run without having to finance extra stuff like this. Sorry. If you guys want to fundraise what it will cost to get something similar programmed, or pay an annual membership to access this facility, then it will get done straight away. Otherwise we just need to be patient.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:58 am

Do you have a rough idea what the cost would be?
I'd be happy to coordinate fundraising efforts, reviewing forms for contributions towards tho etc.
Does anyone have secret programming skills, or a partner/good friend with the right skills to do this?
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Turns out I do. My other half fixed this today! Yay for PrinnyDood :D

We haven't reskinned it (made it have the clinpsy colourscheme or graphics) yet, but it should be functional again. Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Randomswirls
Team Member

Re: Live chat is working again :D

Post by Randomswirls » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43 am

I logged on and saw someone in chat and was like ooh??? So went in and it worked!!! Thank you

BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: Live chat is working again :D

Post by BlueCat » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Yay PrinnyDood! Yay for IT savvy partners (mine's an IT guy too, but implementation/interface and security management rather than techie, so no programming skills or I'd have offered him up :) )
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.