How to do fancy things in your posts (+ a place to practise)

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
escapee

How to do fancy things in your posts (+ a place to practise)

Post by escapee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:28 pm

Please Note: In order for these to work it is important to check that the box next to "Disable BBCode in this post" isn't checked

Bold
You can either put [ b ] put text here [/ b ] (without the spaces around the b's) or you can highlight the text you want bold and then click on the B that is above the box you type your text in.

Italic
This is the same as above but you use i instead of b - [ i ] text here [/ i ] or click the i.

Underline
This is the same as above but you use u instead of i or b - [ u ] text here [/ u ] or click the u.

Colours
The easiest way to do this is to highlight the text and then pick a colour from the menu above. Though there are some hidden colours - can you find them?

Change font size
Highlight the text and select the font size from above, you can also define your own by editing the numbers.

For all of the above you can also click on the formatting button above, i.e. B before the bit you want in that format and then when you finish.

Add Smilies
8) :lol: :? :shock: :D :) :( :o :cry: :oops: :P :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:
Click on the smilies to the left, and check that 'disable smilies in this post' - (box below) isn't ticked. There are also more emoticons to explore by clicking 'view more emoticons'.

Add image
If linking from another site: find the image you like (PC) right click on it, select properties from the menu and copy the address, (mac) either press apple and left click, or right click then select properties and copy the address. The paste the address in your post, highlight it and click on 'Img' above. If you hovver your mouse over the IMG button you can see the instructions just above the box you type in.

If you want to use an image from your PC, you can upload it to an image hosting site such as http://www.photobucket.com, then copy the image location and paste it into your post.

Please be courteous to other board users by keeping linked images a reasonable size (normally no bigger than the box you type messages in) and appropriate to be viewed in the workplace.

Insert clickable link
If you want to link to this page using the word 'here'you'd type
viewtopic.php?t=45[b]]here
without making any of it bold! You can also just paste the web address into your message, although that can be untidy if the link is very long as it can disrupt the format of the page, so making a clickable link is normally preferable. You can see the instructions just above the box you type in if you hovver your mouse over the URL button.

Quoting other posters
To make a nice little box within your post that contains text from another post like this:
what someone else wrote
either click the "quote" button above their post, and delete any extra text that is not relevant, or cut and paste the words you want to use, highlight them and click the "quote" button (which is above the box you type in) or type [ quote ] before the text and [ /quote ] after it (without the spaces). You can use the box below the one you type in to scroll through recent posts on that thread if you want to quote from more than one person.

Please don't quote the whole post above just to reply to it, as other people will have just read it!

Don't forget you can preview your posts before submitting them, by pressing the 'preview' button below.

You can practise effects on this thread if you like. You can then use "edit" to get them to look exactly how you intended. The moderators will delete practice posts once you are finished with them.
Last edited by escapee on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
sleepybean

spell checker?

Post by sleepybean » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Please could someone tell me if there is/how to use a spell checker on the forum? I'm dyslexic and sometimes find that not everyone appreciates my 'creative' spelling :wink: thanks

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Sorry, no spell-check on here. If you are worried you could either install one into your browser (Firefox or IE) or cut and paste using Outlook or Word to spell-check.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

Elsie

Post by Elsie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi sleepybean

There's info on this thread on how to get a spell-checker to check your posts...

Hope that helps!

Elsie :D
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
-~-Maya Angelou-~-

Cloud9

Re: spell checker?

Post by Cloud9 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:16 pm

[quote="sleepybean"] I'm dyslexic and sometimes find that not everyone appreciates my 'creative' spelling :wink: thanks[/quote]
Life is a rollercoaster you've just gotta ride it - Camus

escapee

Post by escapee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi joecjoe,

Not sure if you were practising or if you were going to write something more..

But assuming you were practising the reason it didn't work was because you have the first checkbox under your post checked (disable bb code in this post). Hope that helps!

I've also amended the original post to add this in so thanks! :)

mandy20

Re: How to do fancy things in your posts (+ a place to pract

Post by mandy20 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 pm

hello

Cloud9

Post by Cloud9 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 am

Life is a rollercoaster you've just gotta ride it - Camus

Spatch

Post by Spatch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

CertaintyPNG.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rera

Post by Rera » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 pm

New to the forum

Hi Guys
Rera

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Hey can we do hyperlinks? And if so how? Sorry if that is a silly question I have searched and I didn't find anything :roll:

UPDATE: .....yeah, so I just re-read the above information and found my answer there .... sorry guys! :oops: :)

Samosa

Post by Samosa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

TestingTesting
TestingTesting
Testing

Samosa

Post by Samosa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm

testing
I would like all my Uni choices to turn this colour :D :D

liberty

Post by liberty » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 am

testing
testing
testing
testing

hannahb83

Post by hannahb83 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Hellooo
Hellooo
"Men are disturbed, not by things, but by the principles and notions which they form concerning things" - Epictetus