New Recruitment for London?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Little Jem

Post by Little Jem » Sun May 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi there,

I wondere if anyone was aware of if and when London or the related area may do another intake of LI trainees?

Thanks,

Jemima

Lancelot

Re: New Recruitment for London?

Post by Lancelot » Sun May 29, 2011 5:09 pm

As far I am aware there will not be another intake. I think that the recruitment waves have finished. Any jobs will be when people leave their posts and even then they are usually re-advertised for already qualified LI workers.

Unless anyone on this forum has inside knowledge of any other london boroughs starting an IAPT service?

Clothilde

Post by Clothilde » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:59 am

there will definitely be recruitment of LI trainees, and HI this year - approx 40 or sop LI posts and 60 or so HI posts.

The recruitment is centralised for london, and the ads should be on the NHS Jobs site over the next week or so, as we're looking at a closing date of the end of June.

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi Clothilde. That's news. Our leads have said no trainee places in the pipeline, guess service I'm in isn't included with London. You say "we" - are you part of IAPT yourself?

Clothilde

Post by Clothilde » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:11 am

I manage a couple of IAPT services, one of which is in London, LIWY.

The majority of the sites taking new trainees look as if they're wave 1 and wave 3, but not every service will be taking on trainees, as the funding doesn't include enough to cover the full salary costs of new trainees.

Clothilde

Post by Clothilde » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 pm

job ads have gone live:

high intensity band 6: http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetai ... =912682102

there are also pwp and HI band 7 trainee roles too.

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Thank you for the update.

I've looked at the low and high ads. Am I imagining it or is the person specification missing on them? They both have a job description and additional document but not the usual specification document?

matt.berlin

Post by matt.berlin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Just checked this quickly as it is often the case: the JD and person spec are in one document.
Ordnung ist das halbe Leben ... aber die andere Hälfte ist viel schöner!

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Cheers Matt. Might have fallen at hurdle 1 there! :-)

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:03 am

So, between the PWPs that I know and the PWPs that other colleagues know, I know of about 40 PWPs who have applied for hi trainee posts and not a single one has been offered an interview. I was wondering if interview dates were delayed (was set for July 19th) but I've just heard from a friend who is a social worker and she has been offered an interview for next week.

Anyone know of a PWP who has got an interview for the upcoming hi trainee posts in London and the South East?

Clothilde

Post by Clothilde » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

Because of the sheer number of applicants (around 4000 for 90ish trainee posts), the shortlisting has taken longer than originally intended.

I'm interviewing towards the end of the month, and I know that other sites have yet to finish shortlisting too.

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Clothilde wrote:Because of the sheer number of applicants (around 4000 for 90ish trainee posts), the shortlisting has taken longer than originally intended.

I'm interviewing towards the end of the month, and I know that other sites have yet to finish shortlisting too.
Thank you for the update. Wow, 4,000 applicants, that's frightening and quite some job to sift through those applications. Is that 4,000 over high and low intensity?

mrruszka

Post by mrruszka » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

Unfortunately I didn't hear of any of my PWP friends being offered an interview for HI post so far... I'm sorry I don't have any better news.

poandmove

Post by poandmove » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

I and 4 other PWPs in my service have applied for the high intensity posts in London and Southern NHS amongst other adverts. No-one has heard from London recruitment yet, and one of us has had an interview for Southern. The person that got an interview had three years experience working as a PWP, whilst most of us have two years , although all have worked in mental health for between 4-8 years. LIWY and mrruszka out of interest how long have you and the other people you know been working as a PWP? I'm wondering whether recruiters are discounting PWPs previous mental health experience, which means I have no chance this year and should readjust my expectations.

mrruszka

Post by mrruszka » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

All people who applied have 2 years experience (including 1 year of training)