PWP London Application Status

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Ernest

PWP London Application Status

Post by Ernest » Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi,

I understand there is no guarantee that unlucky candidates will be informed that their application has been unsuccesful. Also, there is currently no set time period for interviews that I'm aware of.

I thought this thread might be a useful resource for those who are waiting for next week and beyond. If and when you hear about the status of your application, post it up, it might give everyone a better idea of when the process has started and how long they should wait without hearing anything before they start to assume they've been unsuccesful.

Good luck

Ernest

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
runner7791

Re: PWP London Application Status

Post by runner7791 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm

This would be really useful, I am nervously waiting!

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Likewise.

Discovering an irritating spelling/grammar mistake on my application hasn't filled me with confidence. Hopefully we'll hear either way before too long!

runner7791

Post by runner7791 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't know if you have seen this: http://www.workingforwellness.org.uk/20 ... cruitment/
But I have asked about when the interview dates will be, my post hasn't shown up yet so I don't know if it works. They generally keep everyone updated though, so its still a good one to check.

Chessie269

Post by Chessie269 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Well the advert is still up, and says it closes on the 14th so I really wouldn't expect to hear anything until after then at the very earliest. Also, it said in the documentation that they will be interviewing from mid June.

graduateak

Post by graduateak » Tue May 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Just sent off my application. Will keep you posted :? .
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein.

Serenity

Post by Serenity » Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 am

I have applied as well and will keep you all posted too :) hope that this is a better result for me compared to my interview for the doctorate this year!

Inara

Post by Inara » Sun May 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello All :D

Just submitted my application form for London. Thank you guys so much for posting on here, I almost missed it!

Good luck to us all, now the wait begins :bom:

A.
"No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing."
Anton Chekhov

Roquet

Post by Roquet » Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 am

I'm praying for a late July interview date as I"m in Oz until then - of course I may well be putting the horse before the cart here. Hilariously my fiance suggested they might do an interview over Skype. I'm still chuckling now.
The sky is full of snakes but I didn't see them

pepper24

Post by pepper24 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Roquet wrote:I'm praying for a late July interview date as I"m in Oz until then - of course I may well be putting the horse before the cart here. Hilariously my fiance suggested they might do an interview over Skype. I'm still chuckling now.
There would be no harm in asking! I got called for a job interview 300 miles away, which I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't right in the middle of exam period. They agreed to do a phone interview, and if successful they would have asked me to go to meet them. I didn't go through with it in the end as I decided I wouldn't have accepted the job, however I feel based on that if they really want to interview you they will be flexible!

Rashesh

Post by Rashesh » Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Desparately waiting now! Every email I get I keep thinking its NHS!

Inara

Post by Inara » Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Rashesh wrote:Desparately waiting now! Every email I get I keep thinking its NHS!
I knowww!!! Even though logically I know its far too early and I doubt they'd have got through reading all the applications yet, every time my phone blips I assume its them :roll:
"No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing."
Anton Chekhov

easdannsair

Post by easdannsair » Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 am

Despite checking every week on the NHS site for the london trainee position, I only saw it the night it closed! I submitted my application at 11:30pm and really wish I could have actually read my statement through.. oh well.

Fingers crossed for all of us :)

runner7791

Post by runner7791 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 am

I've been reading around and I think the general consensus is that shortlisting takes roughly 3 weeks after the application deadline. Does this sound right to you guys? I'm trying to stop checking my emails every 20 seconds!

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 am

From reading posts regarding last years I have gathered that it will probably take around 2-3 weeks. The hope that it'll be sooner is keeping me checking my e-mails though. I still think it's unfair they might not notify unsuccesful applicants. Surely it can't be that hard to do a generic group e-mail?