IAPT London applications

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Cerumol

Re: IAPT London applications

Post by Cerumol » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:42 am

Well it will be good to know one way or the other. The uncertainty of it all makes it difficult. They did always state that interviews would be next week, so perhaps the majority of interviews will be sent out over the next couple of days - I do hope so. If the admin has been on annual leave, it would make sense that this would be for one or two weeks so I feel thats positive news to receive at this point. I did look over my application last night to try to work out where I might have gone wrong, but (perhaps with bias) I still feel it is very strong.

What is hard to tell is if people have already received an interview offer. There has been only one post on this thread stating that they have received an interview, so either there are people not posting on here or information has not been received yet. My application still states under assessment, but unsure how speedily this would be updated.

As far as the borough sending out interview confirmations, I understand that it comes directly from UCL. I may be wrong, but I think UCL long-list then boroughs short-list before returning info to UCL to confirm interviews. Anyone with any prior knowledge of this, please post :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
krastavichok

Post by krastavichok » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:42 am

Shamim wrote:
krastavichok wrote:I sent the department an email today, as their telephone number was going straight to voicemail, and I received an automatic response that whoever is in charge of sending out interview invitations is on annual leave until tomorrow (Wednesday, 29th). Hopefully this means that not all is lost and we will be hearing back soon! :bom:
I am also waiting, which borough was it you emailed? :)
As Cerumol above said, I think that UCL sends out the invitation emails after the boroughs have shortlisted, so I sent the Division of Psychology & Language Sciences that email.

Under normal circumstance, I would have also assumed that I haven't been successful at this stage, but the person's annual leave explains why mostly nobody has heard back. I agree, it would have been much easier to straight up know we didn't get it, and this suspense is killing me at this point! :D

jason712

Post by jason712 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Another day and still no news. What's annoying is the waiting, my application is still apparently under assessment.

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Yep same here. Hard to know what's going on!

jason712

Post by jason712 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Perhaps I'll give them a call myself tomorrow. At this point I just want to know what I'll be doing. I'm pretty certain that I haven't been short-listed which I honestly find surprising as I did consider myself a good candidate to get on but oh well.

sophiebrimble

Post by sophiebrimble » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:52 am

Doesn't seem fair if we are still in the running that some people get 4 weeks to prepare and others get a week!?

jason712

Post by jason712 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 am

I spoke to a friend of mine who has an interview this Monday with Lambeth, this is really frustrating however, I also e-mailed the admissions team and got an automatic re-ply in regards to them returning on the 29th.

It also says this; "Shortlisting for the autumn intake is currently being returned to us and we will be sending out invites to interview from the middle of next week, so please check your email address from then." I'm not sure which week they mean, do they mean this week or next week? Hopefully next week.

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

Don't despair guys... I think they'll definitely be sending the rest of the invitations out this week... I just got mine, wooooo. They don't half take their time....

jason712

Post by jason712 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 am

butterflyfingers wrote:Don't despair guys... I think they'll definitely be sending the rest of the invitations out this week... I just got mine, wooooo. They don't half take their time....

Congratulations! May I ask where? I'm still holding out that I may get something.

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:57 am

jason712 wrote:
butterflyfingers wrote:Don't despair guys... I think they'll definitely be sending the rest of the invitations out this week... I just got mine, wooooo. They don't half take their time....

Congratulations! May I ask where? I'm still holding out that I may get something.
Thank you. It's for Croydon.... I hope that you do :) where did you apply?

jason712

Post by jason712 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:00 am

butterflyfingers wrote:

Thank you. It's for Croydon.... I hope that you do :) where did you apply?
I applied to Greenwich and Croydon, so I can assume Croydon is a no go which I'm upset about as did have a preference towards working in SLaM as I'm currently a Clinical support worker there.

Flickk

Post by Flickk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:10 am

C'mon Kingston and Merton! :/

jason712

Post by jason712 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 am

Should those of us yet to hear back not get on the course, is there anything like a January start? or we will have to wait an entire year before re-applying?

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 am

That's fantastic! Well done and thank you for posting the info :)

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am

jason712 wrote:Should those of us yet to hear back not get on the course, is there anything like a January start? or we will have to wait an entire year before re-applying?
There is a smaller January intake as well I think.