IAPT London applications

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
jason712

Re: IAPT London applications

Post by jason712 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:59 am

It seems I didn't get in either, which sucks because it means I'm stuck in my current job for even longer. Can anyone confirm when the next recruitment for the training will be?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:14 am

Hi Jason,

Yes its horrible isn't it. Ive worked in my area - Autism - for around 8 years so very much ready for a change, and this feels like the perfect fit too. I felt quite numb last night, but re-focused in ensuring my next application(s) are better. I think there is an intake early 2017, and this gets advertised around October. Whoever writes the adverts seems to suggest that here : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19706 I imagine thats a smaller intake though, and then again this time next year.

My plan is to have someone look at my application to offer guidance on areas I may have gone wrong, and spend time making connections within the field so when October comes I am better informed which I believe will enable a stronger application. I think that this site is a great resource to be used, but I may have fallen down a bit with only deciding this was the route I wanted to go in reasonably close to deadline day. It is important to stay positive at this point and use the energy from this disappointment in an effective way. Good luck with it :)

jason712

Post by jason712 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Hey Cerumol,

It is horrible, like you I've worked with Autism alongside vulnerable children and parents and currently in an inpatient psychosis ward. I was rather excited too so I know exactly how you feel. However, I cant dwell on it and I just have to ensure I'm better prepared next time. Thanks, I'll ensure I put my all into the next application. I'm going to have a few people look at mine too. My mistake was underestimating the competition, I relied too much on the minimum requirements which I felt I exceeded, this has taught me a lesson in humility at the very least.

Best of luch with you as well!

Taiyelolue

Post by Taiyelolue » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and it's great to see this support network for those passionate about psychology.

I got offered an interview with UCL for Greenwich IAPT on the 12th July. The interview is a 30min slot and I wondered if anyone has a rough idea of what will take place in that 30mins? It sounds like just a straight forward interview in front of a interview panel; however I want to be prepared if we get asked to do a computer based task or even a role play.

Your help is much appreciated :)

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:17 am

Well done on getting the interview.

I would imagine if it was not to be a straight q&a, you would be informed prior to interview. I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning a roleplay, but I would wonder about timings to fit this within 30mins. There is an interview section to the forum, but the only one I saw on the first couple of pages was here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18715 you could look through in more detail or check out the wiki too as good info is also located there.

Good luck in your interview :)

Flickk

Post by Flickk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 am

Well done to all who have an interview :)

I'm wondering if all the invitations were actually sent out on time.. there still seem to be a fair few boroughs which people haven't heard from yet? Of course many successful peeps might not be using this forum.. I'm just used to it being buzzing! Haha

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Did anyone get a reply when they sent the email saying that they've accepted the interview? I haven't.. I'm sure it's fine though but just wanted to ask...

Taiyelolue

Post by Taiyelolue » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Cerumol wrote:Well done on getting the interview.

I would imagine if it was not to be a straight q&a, you would be informed prior to interview. I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning a roleplay, but I would wonder about timings to fit this within 30mins. There is an interview section to the forum, but the only one I saw on the first couple of pages was here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18715 you could look through in more detail or check out the wiki too as good info is also located there.

Good luck in your interview :)
Thanks Cerumol. I'll have a look through the link.

Taiyelolue

Post by Taiyelolue » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:15 pm

butterflyfingers wrote:Did anyone get a reply when they sent the email saying that they've accepted the interview? I haven't.. I'm sure it's fine though but just wanted to ask...
Hi Butterflyfingers, I didn't get a reply to my email as well, but i'm sure it is fine. I guess they just want people to confirm their attendance.

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Taiyelolue wrote:
butterflyfingers wrote:Did anyone get a reply when they sent the email saying that they've accepted the interview? I haven't.. I'm sure it's fine though but just wanted to ask...
Hi Butterflyfingers, I didn't get a reply to my email as well, but i'm sure it is fine. I guess they just want people to confirm their attendance.
Yeah thought so. cool, when's your interview? How you feeling about it?

onepotato

Post by onepotato » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:34 pm

I was offered an interview last Thursday as well. I was kind of surprised to be offered an interview because although I feel like my experience is strong, I wasn't that happy with my application. A colleague of mine who works in a London IAPT service told me that they don't even look at all of the applications because they receive so many, which is unfair but might explain why some people were not offered interviews. I won't hold out too much hope, my interview skills are appalling and I've lost out on far less competitive jobs than this before.

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:58 pm

I was offered an interview last Thursday too, is yours this Thursday?

Taiyelolue

Post by Taiyelolue » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:41 pm

butterflyfingers wrote:
Taiyelolue wrote:
Yeah thought so. cool, when's your interview? How you feeling about it?
My interview is next week Tuesday. I'm feeling OK about it. I'm trying to not go overboard with the preparation, as I want to be natural and not robotic in my responses and really demonstrate why I'm suitable for the role, and most importantly; that I understand the role of a Trainee low intensity PWP.

What about you? When is your interview and how are you feeling?

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Hey mine is on Thursday, I'm feeling okay about it. Been preparing, tried to do some tonight but I'm knackered so just chilling

Flickk

Post by Flickk » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:24 pm

So so so happy to have just been told I have an interview for Kingston next Friday!

:D