PWP references

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Anne1206

PWP references

Post by Anne1206 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:13 am

Hi,

It’s a long shot but PWP admissions hasn’t replied yet and I kind of need to know!

Does anyone know till when referees can upload their references? I have a really good referee but she’s immensely busy right now and asked me if it’s okay if she sends it off next weekend, but the deadline for applying is the 23rd so I am not sure if that is okay? Anyone got any info on this?

Thank you!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
butterflyfingers

Re: PWP references

Post by butterflyfingers » Sat May 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Hello. Seeing this has made me a bit scared about mine. I submitted my application a week ago, first referee sent theirs on Tues, I emailed my second referee yesterday on Friday, and he said that he was going to send it yesterday but I haven't any email that that has been received. I'm hoping that that's because he submitted it after 5, and UCL admissions offices are closed, and hopefully I'll get that email on Monday. After seeing this post, I emailed to ask if he had sent it and don't think I'll know or get a reply until after the deadline. I may be wrong, but I think that you have to APPLY by the 23rd, your application has to be received by then, but I don't think your references do but obviously the selectors won't look at it until both have come through as mentioned on the website when applying. But it doesn't say that your application will be withdrawn or anything, so I think it is okay. The sooner the better but I'm sure UCL know that references can sometimes have various delays or problems, so I think your application has to be received by the 23rd, but the selectors won't see it until both references come through. Hopefully more replies will follow and we'll know more but for now I wouldn't worry. There may be people who will probably be submitting their application this weekend, whose references haven't even been contacted yet and won't be until after the deadline if they submitted theirs now.

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi,

I've received an email that says references need to be submitted by 31st may.

Hope that helps.

butterflyfingers

Post by butterflyfingers » Sat May 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Ah great. May I ask how comes you received that email? I mean was it because you enquired?

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 am

No it just came through - I think because I have not submitted yet! It was a reminder of deadline and had the reference deadline on it too. Still haven't submitted, but I'm just about there now. Exciting times ahead hopefully.

Anne1206

Post by Anne1206 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Ah brilliant! Thank you for your replies!

Hopefully she can do it sometime this week so it’s in nice and early

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Does anyone know if there is a time tomorrow that references have to be in for? My first reference has been submitted, but my second one is planning to complete it tomorrow. Hopefully this will be OK, but slightly panicking! :shock: