WATS refund

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Bookend

Re: WATS refund

Post by Bookend » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks Mungle, HMRC seem to be making it up as they go along :roll: . I was turned down on the basis that I earned more than 15k, but I know of people who earned more than that who were given a refund.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Sam1987

Post by Sam1987 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm

I contacted HR in my previous service I did my PWP training and I'm due a refund for national insurance contributions and tax apparently. They didn't have my correct address, so I should have received this cheque by now! I worked for SABP in Walton on Thames, so if you need a contact for HR please message me. Also, to speak to HMRC about the WATS claims the number is 0300 055 5798.

:)
IAPT the tiger

Playinginthesun

Post by Playinginthesun » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi - does anyone have any experience of claiming/receiving tax back for a non NHS paid position? I completed my PWP training while working for Turning Point and have received info that this will not be covered /refunded by HMRC. I’ve managed to get my HI rebated as that was an NHS position but thought I’d try for the PWP too... If anyone has managed to get tax rebated while working for a different company or advice on how to pursue this that’d be great!

PlanetCaravan

Post by PlanetCaravan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi playinginthesun, have you managed to find an answer? I did my pwp training through third sector and I am wondering if I can claim my tax back, I’ve managed to get it back for my high training.

Playinginthesun

Post by Playinginthesun » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi PlanetCaravan - afraid not and as I did the PWP training almost a decade ago I haven't really pursued it as it seemed a no-go from my initial attempts... I'm grateful for the HI refund so have just left it at that. When did you do your PWP training?