How can I do well as a trainee PWP?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Purplebear

How can I do well as a trainee PWP?

Post by Purplebear » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:24 pm

I start working as a trainee PWP on Monday. I would really like to be able to do a great job and I want to put my all into it. What can I do to make sure I'm working well within this role? Any advice?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
MindfulPsych

Re: How can I do well as a trainee PWP?

Post by MindfulPsych » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Purplebear wrote:I start working as a trainee PWP on Monday. I would really like to be able to do a great job and I want to put my all into it. What can I do to make sure I'm working well within this role? Any advice?
First of all, congratulations! As a Trainee PWP myself, i'd say definitely be as organised as you can and believe in yourself. Nobody is expecting you to get everything right as you're training and enjoy it! :D

lisaann246

Re: How can I do well as a trainee PWP?

Post by lisaann246 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Purplebear wrote:I start working as a trainee PWP on Monday. I would really like to be able to do a great job and I want to put my all into it. What can I do to make sure I'm working well within this role? Any advice?
Hi,

How are you finding the job so far? I am due to start as a trainee PWP in less than two weeks :D

I'm very excited but nervous as I'm not sure what to expect!