PWP Training Courses

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Ariel89

PWP Training Courses

Post by Ariel89 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi all,

Is there a list somewhere that people can point me in the direction of, of other universities that deliver the PWP training course. I'm aware of UCL for London, and a few others, but I was looking to find out if there are more universities that deliver the PWP training outside of this.

Many thanks in advance!

baa

Re: PWP Training Courses

Post by baa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:28 pm

My service only advertises PWP posts when we have a vacancy, and then we commission the training from the university when we have a need to. There's obviously not as many services in my area, and so we don't have the need for yearly, giant, training courses.

I would keep an eye out on NHS jobs, as that's where my service advertises, rather than through the uni. I expect it is likely to be similar for other areas that aren't london.
At least I'm not as mad as that one!

Ariel89

Post by Ariel89 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks Baa for your reply. Useful for an insight into how things are done in your area, seems different to what I was aware of before, thanks. What county is that, is you don't mind me asking?

I was hoping to become more aware of the universities that then deliver the training. For example I'm aware it's UCL for London services, and Reading and Essex, I believe.

On the IAPT website it only directs to UCL

baa

Post by baa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:10 pm

I am in Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust. I think we commission courses from Uni of Essex.
At least I'm not as mad as that one!

Shmit

Post by Shmit » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 pm

I think University of Sheffield and De Montford University (Leicester) do

hawke

Post by hawke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Exeter Uni cover the South West (Cornwall in the South, to Wiltshire in the East, and Gloucestershire in the North of the patch). The uni offer out a number of places every ~6 months to each service, which then advertise the posts. Some services take trainees on and get them working before the training posts come up though.