CWP - any previous trainees?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
pip123

CWP - any previous trainees?

Post by pip123 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi all,
I have been offered a CWP Training position (which looks like a brilliant opportunity!). I just wondered whether there were any previous CWP trainees who could shed any light on the following:

-As it’s such a new position, do you think job prospects after the CWP are ok? (As seen many ads for PWPs but not CWPs)
-Is there anyway this course can lead to accreditation (if you do subsequent work as a wualified CWP etc.)
- experiences of training
- thoughts of the CWP training as something good for a dclin future application?

I’ve tried to find previous posts about/from CWP rather than PAP but can’t find any info!
Thanks! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: CWP - any previous trainees?

Post by miriam » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 pm

CWP is just a name for a PWP with kids. Google gave me lots of info about it. It seems from what I've read that it hasn't changed the training or the role, just the name.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

pip123

Post by pip123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Thank you for your thoughts Miriam :) I did ask in the interview whether doing CWP would then mean you could apply to PWP qualified positions (incase CWP positions were not avaliable) and there was not a definite answer to this (as it has only been running 1 year so theres not certainly around future funding etc).

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am

pip123 wrote:Thank you for your thoughts Miriam :) I did ask in the interview whether doing CWP would then mean you could apply to PWP qualified positions (incase CWP positions were not avaliable) and there was not a definite answer to this (as it has only been running 1 year so theres not certainly around future funding etc).
I have heard that you can be a child and young persons PWP and apply for adult PWP posts. It is essentially the same position it's just you have experience of working with children and young people. As an adult PWP you work with people from age 16 and above. However, funding may change but it seems to be a really good initative having IAPT with a focus on children and young people.

Good luck with your new job! :D

jprandom

Post by jprandom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Hey!

I'm sorry I'm apply late! I've just competed the CWP course as part of the first cohort. I definitely enjoyed my time and it was great experience; I much prefer working with families and young people. All I'd say is that your enjoyment and satisfaction within the role very much hinges on your supervisor; poor supervisor, poor experience and vice versa.

Also the job prospects at the moment are very service specific - it's up to your individual service whether they keep on qualified CWPs. However, the CWP qualification can be used for PWP which is more established and has a more secure progression pathway! Finally, the qualification is not yet accredited, but they're looking to make it so in the next few years and it would be retrospective.

Any more questions let me know, and good luck!

Such_a_lovely_girl

Post by Such_a_lovely_girl » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm on the course now. I applied with 2 years camhs experience but most have less. Most don't have direct experience. I was supposed to go on enhanced evidence based practice for existing staff and am finding th e course a bit slow to get going. For someone without much direct experience it's a great opportunity.

Axb3

Post by Axb3 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi, I am applying for the course this year and I was just wondering what your experience of the course was?

akiliyanage

Post by akiliyanage » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi is this a self funded course or just like PWP and could you pls let me know the training providers or any link. I would like to read more about this role. I am volunteering at GOSH and have first hand experience working with children. I applied for this year PWP, but didn't get selected. Thank you!!