PWP UCL low intensity applications

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Saresy1

PWP UCL low intensity applications

Post by Saresy1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:25 am

**EDIT: I posted this on another forum topic as new to this site, and now realised maybe better placed here.***

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on how competitive these places are (low intensity) and how many students they take on at each intake? My target is for 2019 to apply so that I can get more experience but because I'm planning far in advance, I'm concerned I may wait it out on this front and not get anywhere, meanwhile missing looking into another route - ie. a PGDip etc.

Do they take on like two people per borough or one, or it just depends on quality of candidate?

Also I assumed it was just one intake per autumn but it sounds like maybe one in Spring and one in Autumn each year?

As you can see I really don't know much about this!! So fairly new to researching etc but thought here is the place to ask!

thanks in advance :-) :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jason712

Re: PWP UCL low intensity applications

Post by jason712 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi there,

so considering we're talking about UCL, they have two intakes a year. The September intake takes about 100 placements. The services can range from taking 2-7 people I believe. My service took 3 people, myself and two others and is due to take 4 this year. Trust me, it's necessary to take more than one, this training can exhaust you mentally and physically and my fellow trainees were my rock throughout this whole thing.

Best of luck.

Saresy1

Re: PWP UCL low intensity applications

Post by Saresy1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Thanks so much Jason, I appreciate that information - very useful indeed. Yes I did think it was high in demand but equally just wasn't sure how many places they would offer.

I feel hopeful!

Best wishes,

S