Paying back the cost of the PWP course

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Chloechloe

Paying back the cost of the PWP course

Post by Chloechloe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:33 pm

I have just qualified as a PWP and in my contract it mentions having to pay back the cost of the course if I leave within one year of qualifying

Does anyone know how much the course costs roughly? And whether this will be enforced if I do leave?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
MindfulPsych

Re: Paying back the cost of the PWP course

Post by MindfulPsych » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Chloechloe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:33 pm
I have just qualified as a PWP and in my contract it mentions having to pay back the cost of the course if I leave within one year of qualifying

Does anyone know how much the course costs roughly? And whether this will be enforced if I do leave?

Thanks a lot!
Hi Chloe,

It depends on your service - you might have received a piece of paper along with your contract which says how much you will have to pay back. It might be worth speaking to HR about. I know that when I qualified they told me how much i would have to pay back monthly if I left (I didn't leave though!)

Hope that helps a little! :D