Second chance from widthdrawn from interview?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Caramelt

Second chance from widthdrawn from interview?

Post by Caramelt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 am

I applied from various places and I am surprised that I've even got an interview. Unfortunately, I had to withdrew from the last-minute interview invitation because the travel cost is beyond my means. If I apply again next year, will this go against me?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
sarz27

Re: Second chance from widthdrawn from interview?

Post by sarz27 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:41 am

No it wont

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:51 am

A panel probably can just about remember who they interviewed, let alone applicants they never met.

mungle

Post by mungle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:06 pm

I don't know how far you need to travel but what an awful shame. I'm guessing you've already looked at national express coaches, megabus and advance and ticket-splitting on the trains.

han10

Post by han10 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:42 pm

I don't know your circumstances, and this may not be applicable at all, but if you are claiming job seekers allowance (possibly other benefits too, I'm unaware) they can provide funding for travel to interviews - or they did when I claimed 10 years ago and needed support attending a last minute interview.

Caramelt

Post by Caramelt » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Thank you to everyone who replied. It's good to know that withdrawing last minute would not hinder any future application. I just hope I get shortlisted again in my future application.

I'll try again next year and will be more prepared next time around.