Best/worst IAPT service in London?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
strawberry

Best/worst IAPT service in London?

Post by strawberry » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi,
I appreciate everyone has a different experience but I wondered if anyone had thoughts on the best or worst IAPT service in London and the surrounding area - Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Herts?
Thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: Best/worst IAPT service in London?

Post by ell » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Best or worst at what?

Bookend

Post by Bookend » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:31 pm

Surrey is AQP and pretty ghastly to work in any of the services from what I hear, I don't know of a decent one. I've heard particularly bad things about what used to be KCA.

Sam1987

Post by Sam1987 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:07 pm

I've worked in quite a few services in Surrey at different times. The best one in my experience was Surrey and Borders, but this was back in 2013/2014, and they're now under new management. I've worked for two private iapt services in Surrey, one of them was absolutely terrible, I couldn't wait to leave. I also knew to avoid thinkaction, as they don't have the best reputation in Surrey or Kent! I know someone who used to work at Time to Talk in different areas of Sussex, they said the service was okay, management not great and high staff turn over, so their waiting lists are pretty bad, especially in the LTC services. I hope this somehow helps.
IAPT the tiger