High Intensity Interview

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Annah92

High Intensity Interview

Post by Annah92 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:36 am

Hi all,

I've been lucky enough to secure an interview for the HI Trainee role. I have a first degree in Psychology, I've worked as a mental health social worker for a number of years, with a special interest in psychological therapies and I'm really excited at the prospect of training as an HI therapist.
I've been reading the IAPT manual, NICE guidelines and all whole lot of CBT resources from a group I co-facilitated, but I wonder if there's anything else I need to focus on. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Sam1987

Re: High Intensity Interview

Post by Sam1987 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 am

It might be worth watching some videos on youtube or other sites of an example session, you're bound to be asked to role play and inform them of the clients diagnosis afterwards. Also, brush up on formulations, for one of my interviews I was given an example client and asked what their primary diagnosis would be, and it was BDD, so then they asked how I would formulate and treat it.

Reading about the service you are having the interview at is useful, they're bound to ask why their service and also why you want to do the training now. I have also been asked what kind of things do I have in place to make sure I have the resilience to get through the course! Some of the questions I've had at interviews have seemed a bit bizarre at times! I hope this helps!
IAPT the tiger