UCL PWP applications

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Post Reply
nm2277
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by nm2277 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm

Stars444 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:17 am
nm2277 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 pm
suuzee wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:52 am



Hmm, it doesn't say whether or not this is ok. I would just go for it as there is no fee to apply. You can always try again for the Jan intake if they need to wait until you have graduated?
Yeah, I was thinking that! just wanted to check in case anyone knew for certain, but thank you for the encouragement :)
Hi nm2277,

I asked UCL's PWP admissions team this question earlier on this year and they said yes it is ok as long as you have 6months experience. I think that's why they allow us to upload a 'blank document' when applying.

Today is the last day of the applications being open. Here's to the waiting :)

Good luck!
Oh that's great to know, thanks for letting me know! Good luck to you too! :)

Shah99
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Shah99 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 am

nm2277 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Stars444 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:17 am
nm2277 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 pm


Yeah, I was thinking that! just wanted to check in case anyone knew for certain, but thank you for the encouragement :)
Hi nm2277,

I asked UCL's PWP admissions team this question earlier on this year and they said yes it is ok as long as you have 6months experience. I think that's why they allow us to upload a 'blank document' when applying.

Today is the last day of the applications being open. Here's to the waiting :)

Good luck!
Oh that's great to know, thanks for letting me know! Good luck to you too! :)
I was actually wondering the same too as I am scheduled to graduate my BSc Neuroscience degree this Summer and have applied to the UCL programme as well as about ten other Trainee PWP posts. Hopefully, we're not disadvantaged at not being graduates yet and have the opportunity to show degree completion by a September start.

Shah99
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Shah99 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:18 pm

What are everyones preferences for training locations? I've put down Hounslow then Ealing.

Stars444
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Stars444 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Shah99 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:18 pm
What are everyones preferences for training locations? I've put down Hounslow then Ealing.
HI Shah99,

I stated Islington and Camden :)

suuzee
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 am

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by suuzee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am

Does anyone know roughly when we should expect to hear back?

suuzee
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 am

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by suuzee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am

Stars444 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Shah99 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:18 pm
What are everyones preferences for training locations? I've put down Hounslow then Ealing.
HI Shah99,

I stated Islington and Camden :)
I put down CANDI and ELFT

Stars444
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Stars444 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:45 am

suuzee wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am
Does anyone know roughly when we should expect to hear back?
They said interviews will be held during the first 2 weeks of July, so hopefully, we will hear back soon! :oops:

suuzee
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 am

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by suuzee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 pm

Ah ok thank you! Hopefully it is soon!

Stars444
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Stars444 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?

suuzee
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 am

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by suuzee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Stars444 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?
Hello, I haven't heard anything yet, and portico still says 'under assessment,' how about yours?

Last year it seemed people started to hear around the 19th June if that helps

nm2277
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by nm2277 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Stars444 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?
Yeah I haven't heard anything yet. I know they said it will take up to 6 weeks to hear back from date of application so might be a few more weeks, annoyingly

Stars444
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Stars444 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 am

suuzee wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 pm
Stars444 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?
Hello, I haven't heard anything yet, and portico still says 'under assessment,' how about yours?

Last year it seemed people started to hear around the 19th June if that helps
My status is still 'under assessment' too.

Ok, the 19th doesn't seem too far away :)

Stars444
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by Stars444 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 am

nm2277 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm
Stars444 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?
Yeah I haven't heard anything yet. I know they said it will take up to 6 weeks to hear back from date of application so might be a few more weeks, annoyingly
It's the not knowing bit that is slightly hard but I guess it's all apart of the process.

nm2277
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by nm2277 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 am

Stars444 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 am
nm2277 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm
Stars444 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet or if their UCL status has changed on portico?
Yeah I haven't heard anything yet. I know they said it will take up to 6 weeks to hear back from date of application so might be a few more weeks, annoyingly
It's the not knowing bit that is slightly hard but I guess it's all apart of the process.
Yeah, it's keeping me on edge - just have to stay positive! :)

er01
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by er01 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:42 pm

From looking at last years posts people starting hearing back around the 21st, & different services responded on different days so it may be over a period of 5 days.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests