HI Training London

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
buriedmyyoyo
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:08 pm

HI Training London

Post by buriedmyyoyo »

Hi,

Not really a topic as such, more of a query. I wondered if anyone had applied for HI training in London this year?
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

Through KCL? I have. Picked Bromley and Greenwich as my service.
ClinicalWorld
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by ClinicalWorld »

Yes, I nearly picked Greenwich as I live in Plumstead. I went for Havering and Lewisham in the end
asterix
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by asterix »

I picked Haringey and Camden&Islington, but I'm not sure when we are supposed to hear back from them?
buriedmyyoyo
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by buriedmyyoyo »

I used to locum at Haringey and liked it there. The Crouch End team is very nice
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

Any updates? I got my invite today with Bromley.
racpsych
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:03 am

Re: HI Training London

Post by racpsych »

Has anyone accepted a place? I’m starting with Camden and Islington on the RHUL course in October.
asterix
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by asterix »

I got the post with Haringey woop!
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

Congratulations to you both! I have my interview with Bromley on the 22nd with KCL! Though have been offered a place with Surrey as well.
enchanted
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by enchanted »

jason712 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 am Congratulations to you both! I have my interview with Bromley on the 22nd with KCL! Though have been offered a place with Surrey as well.
Curious, when did you hear back from Surrey? I had an interview with them but haven’t heard back yet 😊
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

enchanted wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 pm
jason712 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 am Congratulations to you both! I have my interview with Bromley on the 22nd with KCL! Though have been offered a place with Surrey as well.
Curious, when did you hear back from Surrey? I had an interview with them but haven’t heard back yet 😊
I heard back on Friday, just received an email from the uni then on Monday the service - DHC sent me my conditional offer. Which service did you interview with?
enchanted
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by enchanted »

jason712 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:43 pm
enchanted wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 pm
jason712 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 am Congratulations to you both! I have my interview with Bromley on the 22nd with KCL! Though have been offered a place with Surrey as well.
Curious, when did you hear back from Surrey? I had an interview with them but haven’t heard back yet 😊
I heard back on Friday, just received an email from the uni then on Monday the service - DHC sent me my conditional offer. Which service did you interview with?
Congratulations to you! When was your interview? Mine was last Thursday with Dorking Healthcare too, but no news yet. The suspense is painful!
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

Thank you, my interview was on the Wednesday and then the uni just sent me an email on Friday to confirm and then DHC sent my conditional offer. Though I have been offered a place with KCL today as well so have some thinking to do.
enchanted
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by enchanted »

jason712 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 pm Thank you, my interview was on the Wednesday and then the uni just sent me an email on Friday to confirm and then DHC sent my conditional offer. Though I have been offered a place with KCL today as well so have some thinking to do.
Did you have any more thoughts on where you will accept a place?
jason712
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: HI Training London

Post by jason712 »

enchanted wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 pm
jason712 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 pm Thank you, my interview was on the Wednesday and then the uni just sent me an email on Friday to confirm and then DHC sent my conditional offer. Though I have been offered a place with KCL today as well so have some thinking to do.
Did you have any more thoughts on where you will accept a place?
I've decided to take KCL over Surrey. Hopefully that will open up space for someone else.
Post Reply