DV article request

Post here to discuss evaluating published research, sharing papers you have found of interest, plus requests for help with literature searches or locating papers
Pink

DV article request

Post by Pink » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Dear All,

Please, does anyone have access to the following?

Straus, M. A., & Gelles, R. J. (1990). How violent are American families? Estimates from the National Family Violence Resurvey and other studies. Physical violence in American families: Risk factors and adaptations to violence in, 8(145), 95-112.

Salzinger, S., Feldman, R. S., Ng-Mak, D. S., Mojica, E., Stockhammer, T., & Rosario, M. (2002). Effects of partner violence and physical child abuse on child behavior: A study of abused and comparison children. Journal of Family Violence, 17(1), 23-52

I am so frustrated with my uni's frankly terrible journal access!

Many thanks and warm wishes

Pink
Kintsukuroi: 'to repair with gold'. the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.

@Sushipink22

MarkM

Re: DV article request

Post by MarkM » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Hiya Pink,

I can only access the second one. I think the first one was published in 1988 but I can't seem to find a link for a PDF or anything, sorry... might not be available online? https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/ ... ?ID=112443
Apparently you can request the full text on research gate.. https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... er_studies
might be worth a shot perhaps.

Anyway - please PM/e-mail me and I will send the second article over :)

Have a nice Sunday!

Mark
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

Pink

Post by Pink » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 am

Hi Mark,

you've saved me on a couple of occasions before, and I can only reiterate my grateful thanks! You really are a star and very generous, and I hope there is way I can return the favour some time. Have pm'd you.

thank you again, so much

Pink
Kintsukuroi: 'to repair with gold'. the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.

@Sushipink22

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Mark is the paper request beast!

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Hey Pink,

Aw, no no, it's really not a problem at all - please don't worry about it. I've just e-mailed you, sorry about the delay.

Oh and sarahg, I may be a beast but I don't bite. I think... Unless you're an inaccessible journal article. :evil: :roll:

Have a good week everyone!
:cat: I like cats! :cat: