Can someone with journal access help me out please?

Post here to discuss evaluating published research, sharing papers you have found of interest, plus requests for help with literature searches or locating papers
astra

Can someone with journal access help me out please?

Post by astra » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:06 pm

As a qualified person working privately I have literally no access to journal articles unless they are freely available on the internet!
I need to find out about current approaches to and understandings of Compulsive Hoarding. If someone with a moderate amount of journal access could do me a teeny weeny lit search and PM me for email address to send copies to (of maybe 3 or 4 current articles, preferably uk based) that would be enormously helpful and I'm sure great karma might come your way in reward!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

Gilly

Re: Can someone with journal access help me out please?

Post by Gilly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 pm

I can have a look when I get home, but the DCP published some guidelines on hoarding which may be helpful:

http://www.bps.org.uk/system/files/Publ ... arding.pdf
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Hey astra, it's worth trying to do a quick google scholar search yourself as some articles are available online for free ...you'd be surprised (: and I suppose that'll also give you 'ammunition' for requests on here. You might already have done that but I was just wondering... Anyway, good luck (:
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

bluegoat

Post by bluegoat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:34 pm

If you do the literature search yourself, I'd be happy to see if I can access any of the articles.

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:31 am

Also look on ResearchGate, a lot of article are available online now. As suggested, Google Scholar is best approach (and it will link to pdf's available on research gate also).

astra

Post by astra » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I had looked on google scholar but the only ones I came up with were ones where you had to subscribe to gain access. One very helpful forum member did a lit search for me and came up with a treasure trove of articles for which I am eternally grateful. I will look at the BPS guidelines too though, that seems important to check out - I wasn't' really aware we had condition specific guidelines from our esteemed leaders in the BPS!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn