Article search

Post here to discuss evaluating published research, sharing papers you have found of interest, plus requests for help with literature searches or locating papers
choirgirl

Article search

Post by choirgirl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:49 am

Does anyone have access to the following journal article (the AJMR has since changed it's name to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities)? It only goes back as far as 1997 on Swetswise. Thanks :)

Green K.S., Johnston J.M., Rossi M., Rawal A., Winston M. & Barron S (1991). Effects of peanut butter on ruminating. American Journal of Mental Retardation, 95, 631-645
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

astra

Post by astra » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:42 pm

No but I'd love to know more!

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:37 am

Apparently it discusses the use of smooth peanut butter to reduce/stop voluntary regurgitation (eating it prior to or with meals). I'm after it as one of my caseload (adolescent with profound ASD) is regurging after most meals (lots of discussions going on in planning meetings etc about whether it's medically or emotionally based, or both), and our visiting psychiatrist mentioned he'd heard of the research cited in the paper I'm seeking.

I've been on holiday since I posted my request, so will keep looking for it through other sources if nobody around here's got access :roll: :)
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach