CBT training for Psychology Graduates

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
annabel_h

CBT training for Psychology Graduates

Post by annabel_h » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

(not sure if the 'career's advice' forum is the best place for this but oh well!)

A friend of a friend has recommended this 2 day course in CBT for psychology graduates in London, thought I would make others aware of it!
http://www.vivamuspsychologists.co.uk/C ... hopAP.html

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done it themselves in the past - is it worthwhile? Would also be interetsing to get a bit of a discussion about the usefulness of such a course - part of me is a bit scepitcal, as obv in 2 days what are you going to learn, i feel it may be an attempt to 'cash in' on desperate graduates looking for anything psychology related to put on their CV to make them stand out a tiny bit! maybe i'm just cynical :)

Ruthie

Re: CBT training for Psychology Graduates

Post by Ruthie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm

I haven't heard of them or the psychologist running the course - that doesn't mean anything in terms of how helpful the course will be.

It will not teach you to be a CBT therapist but it will probably give you a better understanding of what CBT is and how it might be used. If you are looking for introductory workshops then the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre's programme comes highly recommended. They are recognised as the leading site for CBT in the UK and the gold standard in terms of training.

I'm biased because I'm doing their diploma course at the moment and think it is unbeatable but I think you would be very hard pressed to find better.

Ruthie
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.

captain artichoke

Re: CBT training for Psychology Graduates

Post by captain artichoke » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

I agree - I did the Introduction to CBT series at the OCTC years back and found them brilliant. :)