timeframe of HCPC statement of equivalence registration

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
fux

timeframe of HCPC statement of equivalence registration

Post by fux » Fri May 25, 2018 10:35 am

Hello everybody!

I have recently sent my HCPC statement of equivalence application after the usual painful gathering of documentations and paperwork from EU universities etc.

I was wondering if anybody who has gone through the same registration pathway could tell me how long the application process took since having released the payment and whether (and when) the HCPC has contacted them for further information or to verify anything?

Also, has anybody opted for the test rather than the adaptation period? If yes how the test experience was?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Opentoideas

Re: timeframe of HCPC statement of equivalence registration

Post by Opentoideas » Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am

Hi,

It took me around 6 months from the time I first submitted by application to get registered. They did request further information from me during that time. I did not do the test so I cannot offer any input on that.

Good luck!

fux

Post by fux » Wed May 30, 2018 11:46 am

Thank you!
That is a logn wait but well worth it, congrats! :)

Opentoideas

Post by Opentoideas » Wed May 30, 2018 4:21 pm

It definitely would have been quicker, if I'd submitted all the information in the first go, but it was hard to know exactly what they were looking for. My advice is you can't be too thorough!

huwtube

Post by huwtube » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi fux,

just thought I would send a message of solidarity. I am in the same boat - good luck!
Some people are different from the rest of us, and so are the rest of us.

fux

Post by fux » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks and fingers crossed!

I did some digging asking etc. and apparently HCPC has now a quicker response time (60 working days). I also spoke with some other EU applicants and they told me that they tent to respect the schedule given and that if needed anything they normally contact you within 2 months.

I am now halfway through the 3 months so hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

if you want to talk about it in more details feel free to pm me and we can exchange contacts - as anybody else who would need more info - for the little I have now.

Good luck to us!:)