Where to look for jobs

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
mm2072

Where to look for jobs

Post by mm2072 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently working full-time as a support worker in a forensic environment, but am looking for a change as there have been significant management changes in the company I work for recently and I do not feel as good a 'fit' with the new management and staff as I previously did, which is a shame. I do not currently have GBC but anticipate to have it by the end of June, so AP posts and RA posts are most likely out of the question. I was wondering where others looking for experience when starting out have searched for jobs?

The sites I currently look through are: NHS Jobs, The Priory, Cygnet, Look Ahead, St Mungo's, HMPPS, Addaction and Mind, however, I feel like it would be wise to broaden my horizons and to look elsewhere, but have not had much success in finding other sites that have vacancies. Where else do forum members search for the more entry-level jobs?

Best,
M

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Where to look for jobs

Post by maven » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Indeed, Reed and other general recruitment sites get AP job adverts. St Andrews is a fairly large employer you haven't listed. Also jobs.ac for academic and research experience, and then google with your local town/county for care and support work to pick up residential care services for people with dementia, or learning disabilities, or children in care, etc. But we've got quite a few threads about job titles and places to look in our wiki.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare