Placements

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
Goldblackstar

Placements

Post by Goldblackstar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi all,

I’m a 1st-year trainee counselling psychologist, and I’m currently looking for a new placement within the NHS from the summer into my 2nd year of training. I was wondering what details I should include when sending emails to psychologist within a service I’m interested in working within. My emails are usually asking if they can take on a trainee? Often I state my name, year in training and briefly about the days that I can commit to the placements. I do also include a line about being happy to discuss my experience further.

For those that do receive emails about placements, what do you look for when you do get these kinds of requests?

Any tips will be much appreciated.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Placements

Post by maven » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:03 am

You need to tell people what you can offer them and their service, not what you want to get from them!
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare