2012 application form

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
bambini

2012 application form

Post by bambini » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 am

I'm starting to think about the 2012 application form, as I'll be travelling later this year and so won't have much time to apply in September - December. Does anyone know if there are any plans for changes to the 2012 form over this year's?

May

Re: 2012 application form

Post by May » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Bambini,

I havn't heard anything that would indicate they are going to change it again. This years form went electronic and the size of the form reduced quite a bit on the previous years one, which meant you had to attempt to cram everything into less space. It doesn't seem that likely they'd go for a change again so soon but it probably depends on how those shortlisting found it this year.

You could email the clearing house and ask if you want to be safe.

Good luck with your 2012 application and your travels!
:)

richee

Post by richee » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:36 pm

You're not the only one! I'm glad I no longer feel I am jumping the gun. I think (well pretty much dead certain) I am applying in September and it will be my first application so trying to get my head around how it all works now so I am more confident when it opens. September - December is a really busy period in my current role while the holidays (i.e. now) aren't so have capacity at the moment.

Does anyone know which week in September applications normally open?

bitoffluff

Post by bitoffluff » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm

At what point do you need to request references? I want to apply this year but am only starting a job in September and wonder what is the latest I can request a reference from my new employer?!

mungle

Post by mungle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm

For 2011 the form came out at yhe very beginning of sept, the form was due in by 1st dec and references about a week later.

Siobhán

Post by Siobhán » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm considering applying this year. I realise that I probably won't get onto the course due to a low 2:1 (starting a masters this year) but want to take the opportunity to have a go at the form and maybe get some feedback from courses.
In terms of experience, for the past 3 years I have been working as a HCA in an inpatient eating disorder unit. I have been lucky enough to be able to gain relevant experience such as facilitating groups with the ward clinical psychologist, doing research with the clinical psychologist (CQUIN) and doing other ward audits. On occassion, I have had some brief supervision also with the ward clinical psychologist.

CurlyHair
Team Member

Post by CurlyHair » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:51 pm

I am also going to be applying this year for the first time. The 2012 forms are not up yet, but I will be keeping an eye out! Last year the form was due in by 1st December and I imagine it will be similar this year.

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm definitely not applying for clinical this year, but I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for 2012 entry. :D Can't believe the form is out tomorrow (or very soon!).
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 pm

I may, just may, apply to the clearing house for the first time this year. Don't know how I will choose courses - seems very daunting.....!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

Baneen03

Post by Baneen03 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Tiggerman may I suggest some creative technqiues for course selection?

:arrow: Course centres with numbers corresponding to significant numbers for you, e.g. a birthday, number of pets, number of toes :)

:arrow: Only choosing course centres whose name is shortened, e.g. birmingham = brum

:arrow: Choose course centres who's uni colours would be flattering to your complexsion on graduation

:arrow: Do a course centre lottery and make an amazing lottery machine to put course centre balls in.........

russ

Post by russ » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Can't believe it's that time again. (It'll be Christmas soon ...)
metrotherapy: personal and professional development for psychologists at all stages in their career

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Baneen03 wrote:Tiggerman may I suggest some creative technqiues for course selection?

:arrow: Do a course centre lottery and make an amazing lottery machine to put course centre balls in.........
I really like that one! After I pick a few that take my fancy, I might just do that before I choose the final four - thank you! :)
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

russ

Post by russ » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 pm

make an amazing lottery machine to put course centre balls in.........
A tumble drier on 'cold' works, apparently!
metrotherapy: personal and professional development for psychologists at all stages in their career

Scarlet

Post by Scarlet » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

Just checked the CHPCCP website and it says they are hoping to have the applications open by week ending 9th September.

Also, I looked at the sample application http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/SampleApplication2012.pdf and spotted they have increased the character limits for some sections of the form *yay*

S

Baneen03

Post by Baneen03 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm

russ wrote:A tumble drier on 'cold' works, apparently!
Genius! It would be nice if you could do it live on tele like the real lottery. Perhaps we all by tickets and the person with the corresponding course centres gets a free place to a uni of their choice. Just an idea :wink:

Also with reference to the sample application you can view on the Clearing House, it seems they've listened to the feedback with regards to last years form so well done to them. It's nice to be listened too :)