Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
KorzyGhirl

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by KorzyGhirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 pm

My update is:

Lancaster
Liverpool (no.5 on the list)
Glasgow
Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.

I've seen people have received letters today and one person an email, however I've not had any post from them today or email. Just hope it comes tomorrow so I know one way or another argh ;) Oh and my clearing house status hasn't changed either...for any of mine.

Hope this reassures other Edinburgh applicants who are also still waiting like me.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
turts

Post by turts » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Surrey
Salomons
Sothampton Reserve number 1! cant believe it! so close! Im hoping someone might turn down their interview.... Doe anyone remember from last year?
And i was always the reserve for netbal at school!

Royal holloway no letter :(

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:46 pm

turts wrote:And i was always the reserve for netbal at school! :(
and this is why they put you on the reserve list - they knew your can cope with just being a reserve!!!
x

dizzyblonde1x

Post by dizzyblonde1x » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

KorzyGhirl wrote:My update is:

Lancaster
Liverpool (no.5 on the list)
Glasgow
Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.

I've seen people have received letters today and one person an email, however I've not had any post from them today or email. Just hope it comes tomorrow so I know one way or another argh ;) Oh and my clearing house status hasn't changed either...for any of mine.

Hope this reassures other Edinburgh applicants who are also still waiting like me.
Thanks KorzyGhirl, its nice to know someone is still waiting too like me. Its agonising, I'm checking my email like every 2 minutes! Hope you get some good news! :)

easdannsair

Post by easdannsair » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:50 pm

turts wrote:Surrey
Salomons
Sothampton Reserve number 1! cant believe it! so close! Im hoping someone might turn down their interview.... Doe anyone remember from last year?
And i was always the reserve for netbal at school!

Royal holloway no letter :(
How/when did you find out about Southampton?

MissKristyC

Post by MissKristyC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 pm

What does pending result mean? I have this for Edinburgh but was rejected by the others...

dizzyblonde1x

Post by dizzyblonde1x » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:54 pm

MissKristyC wrote:What does pending result mean? I have this for Edinburgh but was rejected by the others...
Mine says exactly the same MissKristyC, I am not relying on what that says though because my status for Glasgow hasn't changed and yet I am on the reserve for an interview. I am not sure its an accurate reflection of what's going on...

turts

Post by turts » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

i got an email.

nbarclay

Post by nbarclay » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I've just had my edinburgh letter through (got an interview!) and my clearing house status says pending result still.

Finally heard from all of mine, I've ended up with:

Newcastle
Bath
Edinburgh

Teesside

Really chuffed and just hope I can prove myself on the day :)

Best of luck to people still waiting to hear back, it's been one hell of a week!

easdannsair

Post by easdannsair » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 pm

dizzyblonde1x wrote:
MissKristyC wrote:What does pending result mean? I have this for Edinburgh but was rejected by the others...
Mine says exactly the same MissKristyC, I am not relying on what that says though because my status for Glasgow hasn't changed and yet I am on the reserve for an interview. I am not sure its an accurate reflection of what's going on...
Yeah ignore that for the most part - all our results are "pending" as it's the final day/week.

StevenMac

Post by StevenMac » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Not to speculate too much, but I have a feeling that the interview letters for Edinburgh are being received today, with 'reserve' list candidates getting their letters tomorrow.

It does appear from last year that if you make it through the ranking, but are not selected, you automatically go onto their reserve list - due to the nature of representing many health boards, and candidate's health board rankings. As I don't recall anyone last year who got through ranking, then outright rejected at this stage.

Good luck all!

dizzyblonde1x

Post by dizzyblonde1x » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm

At 3pm on a Friday it doesn't look good... I think i am fully prepared for bad news tomorrow :(

GinnyG1982

Post by GinnyG1982 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Finally the wait is over! I feel so grateful to have some interviews and just hope that one of them turns into a place! Last 2 years it has been straight reds so this means so much to me. In order of preference...

Oxford
RHL 16th on reserve list
Southampton (e-mail came through 10 minutes ago)
UCL

For those of you being forced to wait until the 11th hour for results, I'm thinking of you and hope that there are some more greens and ambers to celebrate tonight.

easdannsair

Post by easdannsair » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:19 pm

GinnyG1982 wrote:Finally the wait is over! I feel so grateful to have some interviews and just hope that one of them turns into a place! Last 2 years it has been straight reds so this means so much to me. In order of preference...

Oxford
RHL 16th on reserve list
Southampton (e-mail came through 10 minutes ago)
UCL

For those of you being forced to wait until the 11th hour for results, I'm thinking of you and hope that there are some more greens and ambers to celebrate tonight.
I'm still waiting for Southampton!! got all reds so praying!

kyla.a.evans

Post by kyla.a.evans » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 pm

ell wrote: What do people hope to gain from calling Soton? The poor admin staff there will be working as hard as they can to get things done by the deadline of today - why make their job harder? Also, why interrupt their frantic e-mail writing and list making? Surely interruptions are just going to make things slower?

Please be my personal hero and DON'T call Soton!
yes maybe you have a good point, ell.

IN OTHER NEWS
just called up southampton as hadn't received an email, and found out I've got an interview!! the woman was so lovely and helpful and praised me for being motivated. can't wait for my interview :D