Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
MarkM

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by MarkM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Congratulations on all three counts DrP - what a week =)

Massive congrats also to ell, Gilly, Will, BenJMan, Tiggerman, workingmama (and workingspouse!) and all other blues, of course! Well done all of you - I'm really happy for you! =D
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

Toria

Post by Toria » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Congratulations Gilly, DrP and all the other last minute blues, so pleased for you all! :D
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

semele

Post by semele » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 am

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread!
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Just to congratulate everyone in the process - to those who are celebrating and those who are not, but have got through it alive nonetheless. It's been nice to see a good few successes!

To remind those with places, it'd be lovely if people stuck around post-September; nice to see familiar faces. We also have our new trainee section: viewforum.php?f=42 which covers topics that are particularly relevant to trainees. I think we have a growing community of active trainees (sadly no evidence to back this up, just anecdotal :p) so in terms of peer support, it's great to remain a clinpsyer ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

mandy20

Post by mandy20 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Gilly wrote:and so.....at the 11th hour.....

WHAT AN UPSET!!!! THE CHALLENGER HITS BACK WITH A MIGHTY HOOK - THE CHALLENGER WINS!!!

UEA > UEA
Birmingham > Birmingham
Coventry and Warwick > Coventry and Warwick
Oxford

I just want to thank everyone for their support over the last 3 months, its been a long old slog, and I couldnt have done it without loads of you :) Honestly, thank you so much.

I actually cant believe its happening....haha!!!
Aw!! Congrats!! I'm super late, havent checked this for agggesss, but whooohoo, well done Gilly! :D

edinburger

Post by edinburger » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Congrats to everyone with places this year. I'm very excited as I got a Glagow can't wait to meet the rest of my cohort and start off the DClinPsy adventure. Xx

Panda

Post by Panda » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Congratulations to Ell and Gilly! And o f course to all the other blues.... :)

astra

Post by astra » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm

workingmama wrote:Thrilled to share that Working-spouse has received an offer from Edinburgh, which will be accepted as soon as humanly possible!

Thanks from both of us for the PMs of support and encouragement (workingspouse lurks and rarely posts). The forum has meant a lot to us over the last years, and we're grateful.
x
OMG your poor kids! I'm phoning social services as we speak!
Only joking, Huge congrats to workingmama and workingpapa - lets just hope your essay deadlines don't clash too much!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

irishsaz

Post by irishsaz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 pm

edinburger wrote:Congrats to everyone with places this year. I'm very excited as I got a Glagow can't wait to meet the rest of my cohort and start off the DClinPsy adventure. Xx

Well done edinburger, no better woman for it !! And that was the one u said u wanted too ! Congrats :)

ILikeBrains

Post by ILikeBrains » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:03 pm

I can't believe I'm writing this, it's taken a couple of days to sink in but 3rd time lucky................EXETER.

Congratulations to all the blues, I've followed this board for a long time and great to see so many regulars getting places :)

To reds and reservers, don't give up....it can be done!

just looking

Post by just looking » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

Gilly wrote:and so.....at the 11th hour.....

WHAT AN UPSET!!!! THE CHALLENGER HITS BACK WITH A MIGHTY HOOK - THE CHALLENGER WINS!!!

UEA > UEA
Birmingham > Birmingham
Coventry and Warwick > Coventry and Warwick
Oxford

I just want to thank everyone for their support over the last 3 months, its been a long old slog, and I couldnt have done it without loads of you :) Honestly, thank you so much.

I actually cant believe its happening....haha!!!

Oh my! I'm incredibly pleased for you! Congrats! And you kept your promise of doing the doodles...

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

This time of year is so lovely - celebratory times for those who have a place, and only a few months left until those without a place can apply again!

Well done everyone :D

SarahB13

Post by SarahB13 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:48 pm

A bit late to the party and excuse me for being clueless as to the colour code but,
I have a place at Staffordshire,
Straight refusal from Birmingham and Coventry and didn't score enough on the assessment at Leicester.

It was my second year of applying and I was pretty shocked as my background is teaching and forensic psych! So there is hope :D