Reserve Lists for places 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Pennypound

Re: Reserve Lists for places 2012

Post by Pennypound » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm convinced that Manchester are involved in some top secret MI5 stuff - it is the only possible explanation for the sheer level of secrecy around the reserve list. I rang them a while ago in hopes of some feedback (they only said no "detailed" feedback for reserves... maybe hope of some basic feedback?), but no feedback, would give no info on how many people have accepted their place, how many people on reserve etc. What a mystery.

Sweettruth1

Post by Sweettruth1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

I so agree with that pennypound, the reserve list procedure with Manchester is just so bizarre, i wonder how the reserve list is ranked? Or why they can't tell people where they are on the list. I initially thought they may have kept it secret because they dont want people to know how many people decline their place at Manchester for example if your at place 20 and you get called up it could mean 20 people have declined places. May make people wonder, but i highly doubt that scenario as Manchester is quite reputable. The process is like slow torture though! It really needs to change.
"You often find your destiny , on the road you have taken to avoid it"

Musiqsoul86

Post by Musiqsoul86 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am

I agree! It's really hard not to think about it as well. When I'm planning what I'm going to be doing for the next year I always have to keep in mind that I may get a place! Wish I knew one way or the other! Roll on June! I am grateful to be on the reserve list but the wait is killing me :?

spimsjc

Post by spimsjc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Musiqsoul86 wrote:I agree! It's really hard not to think about it as well. When I'm planning what I'm going to be doing for the next year I always have to keep in mind that I may get a place! Wish I knew one way or the other! Roll on June! I am grateful to be on the reserve list but the wait is killing me :?
I agree too and I agree with all of the above on Manchester! We'll just have to sit tight and wait I suppose :roll:

spimsjc

Post by spimsjc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:04 pm

PS I am still waiting for someone with some Manchester insight to at least provide a hint of what typically happens to the list i.e. does it move much? if so when etc etc. Answers on a postcard to the clin psych forum!

ell

Post by ell » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 pm

It might be worth doing a search of the forum for last year's reserve list threads and see if Manchester is mentioned. Even so, these things do vary from year to year.

Good luck with it!

Sweettruth1

Post by Sweettruth1 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 am

Joining the leeds reserves now too :lol:
"You often find your destiny , on the road you have taken to avoid it"

Keyser_Soze

Post by Keyser_Soze » Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi all,

For those on the Teesside reserve list, I've called them today to get the official line on reserve list movement. At this point in time 10 applicants have yet to reply to their offer, 3 have accepted and one person who deferred entry to this year has been given a place, so no movement as of yet.

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi, I have just returned the form to decline my Coventry place, so whoever is next in line you will hopefully hear from them very soon. Congratulations :) .

cabby

Post by cabby » Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 am

Hi guys,

I'm on the reserve list for a place at UEL- it's horrible I just want to know if I'm going to get a place now! haha Is anyone else on the list or know if there has been any movement yet?

xx

PNLOP

Post by PNLOP » Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello!

To those waiting for Teesside reserve list news, I've just sent off my letter to decline a place there, and completed the clearing house process. Hopefully the next reserve will hear soon :D

just looking

Post by just looking » Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm

cabby wrote:Hi guys,

I'm on the reserve list for a place at UEL- it's horrible I just want to know if I'm going to get a place now! haha Is anyone else on the list or know if there has been any movement yet?

xx

Just got a call from UEL offering me place. I was no. 2 and I turned down the offer, so I imagine no. 3 is getting a call now. Where are you on the reserve list? I have a feeling the list will move a reasonable amount this year.

just looking

Post by just looking » Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 pm

I'd be interested to know about the movement in the London uni reserve lists this year. Last year I had a theory that neither Herts or UEL (I was sitting on both) would move much at all, and I turned out to be right.

This year I think there will be a large amount of movement. I'd like to know, so if anyone has the info keep us posted!

cabby

Post by cabby » Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi justlooking- I hope you are right about lots of movement on the london courses this year! Are you on the reserve lists this year?

cabby

Post by cabby » Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi justlooking- sorry didn't read your first post properly! Thanks for letting us know -there seems to be quite a bit of movement already which is great! Did UEL ring you and offer you a place then? Thanks :)