Spatch's guide for those of you about to start training

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
vellen

Re: Spatch's guide for those of you about to start training

Post by vellen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm

hmm, this is making me re-think my summer plan. My contract finishes this month, and training starts end of sept. Was planning to do some office temping to keep some money trickling in, but maybe i'll have the summer off instead!

:sunny: 8) < (optimistic of some sunshine at some point over the summer)

thanks Spatch
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Tangram

Post by Tangram » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I think that is all about true. I called three supervisors after getting the magic phone call to waffle thanks down the phone. I also had a nice holiday before starting training and put a few mementos in my pencil case, that are still there now. I used to look at them in lectures or when there was a piece of work due in sometimes to remind myself of the relaxed and fun period before all the work came! Ok, it’s not that bad really. Actually, I'm trying to finish some work off now, time to look in my pencil case for a few seconds I think.

BenJMan
Team Member

Post by BenJMan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Tangram wrote:I also had a nice holiday before starting training and put a few mementos in my pencil case.
Google Translate [DClinPsy Trainee to English] : "I stuffed as much free stationary as I could into a black plastic bag on my last day in the NHS. I still possess most of it now but it was worth it. " :D
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

Tangram

Post by Tangram » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 pm

oh my gosh I didn't think it could be interpreted like that! :D amusing.

Keyser_Soze

Post by Keyser_Soze » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I've booked the whole summer off before starting. I'm going to be skint but I can't wait to be free!!!!!