The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Locked
ps0u413c
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by ps0u413c » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

Does anyone have a clue when we find out from Leicester? On the letter they said at the latest 3rd April, but after some digging I have found that in previous years they have informed 6 days after last interview!

User avatar
schizometric
Posts: 1229
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by schizometric » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:21 am

Sorry to hear all your C&W news so far and how strange to get emails that late! Course admin must have been on an all nighter :P

Best of luck with other interviews you all may have, or with the reserve moving. I know from experience how anxiety provoking being on the reserve is. :bom:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Clarissa
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by Clarissa » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Galway?

ps0u413c
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by ps0u413c » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Well, Leicester results are out. Im 4th on the reserve list and gutted to be honest as dont think it will move that far and it is my first choice. Does anyone know what it has moved in previous years? :cry:

User avatar
Lilly
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 am

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by Lilly » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank you Peach! Here's hoping your interviews are going/have gone well :D
Forever blowing bubbles....

katiem
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by katiem » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

So this is my second year of applying and my first ever post on clin psy!!

My results are all in and are as follows:
Herts
Oxford
Leicester -Interview------ leicester
cov and Warwick 2nd on reserve.

I have to admit I was initially very disappointed but I'm now crossing my fingers for cov. Also it's made me realise how many other things there are in my life (my lovely family and awesome friends) and that if I don't get on then I will still have all those things and it will lead to different opportunities. Oh and of course there is always next year! I have to say though it has been an extremely anxiety provoking process!! Well done to everyone however you did. I think we can all be proud of ourselves for giving it a go, it's not an easy thing to do.

katiem
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by katiem » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:58 pm

ps0u413c wrote:Well, Leicester results are out. Im 4th on the reserve list and gutted to be honest as dont think it will move that far and it is my first choice. Does anyone know what it has moved in previous years? :cry:
I know that two years ago my friend was 6th for Leicester and got on. I'm not sure about last year. You're still in with a shout!

ps0u413c
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by ps0u413c » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 pm

katiem wrote:
ps0u413c wrote:Well, Leicester results are out. Im 4th on the reserve list and gutted to be honest as dont think it will move that far and it is my first choice. Does anyone know what it has moved in previous years? :cry:
I know that two years ago my friend was 6th for Leicester and got on. I'm not sure about last year. You're still in with a shout!
Thanks katiem, god I hope the reserve gets that far down this year. Incidentally, Coventry last year went down to around 10th on the reserve a friend has told me, she was 6th on the reserve and was offered a place so you stand a very good chance indeed!

katiem
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by katiem » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 pm

ps0u413c wrote:
katiem wrote:
ps0u413c wrote:Well, Leicester results are out. Im 4th on the reserve list and gutted to be honest as dont think it will move that far and it is my first choice. Does anyone know what it has moved in previous years? :cry:
I know that two years ago my friend was 6th for Leicester and got on. I'm not sure about last year. You're still in with a shout!
Thanks katiem, god I hope the reserve gets that far down this year. Incidentally, Coventry last year went down to around 10th on the reserve a friend has told me, she was 6th on the reserve and was offered a place so you stand a very good chance indeed!

Thanks, that is hopeful news. Fingers crossed for us both. It's going to be a long couple of months waiting for us now! Incidentally we must both have been 17th best at respective courses. (cov&w have 15 places, Leicester have 13)! Hope we both make it. Let us know how you get on!

ps0u413c
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by ps0u413c » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks - Leicester actually have 15 places this year.

Lync
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by Lync » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

I got onto the Leicester course. Very excited but I really feel for those who didn't get in as everyone I met at the assessment centre day was lovely, smart and seemed that they would be more than capable at being a great clinical trainee. I was on the Wednesday. Anyone else from that day on here? :D

User avatar
CatBells
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by CatBells » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you whoever withdrew from Trent :D

Cov & Warwick
Leeds
Staffs & Shrops
Trent > Trent

JaneValentine
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:03 am

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by JaneValentine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Yay for you CatBells! :D

scriddle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 am

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by scriddle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Sorry to ask a ridiculous question... but if you're accepted do the courses phone you? Or does it vary depending on the course? Thanks :)

User avatar
Lilly
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 am

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by Lilly » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 am

scriddle wrote:Sorry to ask a ridiculous question... but if you're accepted do the courses phone you? Or does it vary depending on the course? Thanks :)
It completely depends on the course! Some telephone you, some send letters, and some email! To make it more confusing, some courses phone/email/letter everyone regardless of outcome, and some phone for successful ppl and send letters/email for reserve/unsuccessful ppl.
Forever blowing bubbles....

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests