The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
gez1809

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by gez1809 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm

I can't quite believe I'm saying this but I've been accepted to bath!

I thought the interview went well but didn't think went well enough to feel I was in with a chance of being offered a place.

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear back today! I think I need to lie down...!

psy40174

Post by psy40174 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

gez1809 wrote:I can't quite believe I'm saying this but I've been accepted to bath!
Congrats! Well done Gez1809!

(And of those who went for Bath and Exeter, please accept a place at Bath so the reserve list might move for those (me) at Exeter!)
-------------------------------------------------------
“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realised who was telling me this.” - Emo Philips

gelbpaint

Post by gelbpaint » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Nothing from trent for me either.

Cardiff7

Post by Cardiff7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Still no news from Bath which I'm assuming means bad news :(

has anyone else heard? good or bad?

scriddle

Post by scriddle » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Cardiff7 wrote:Still no news from Bath which I'm assuming means bad news :(

has anyone else heard? good or bad?
I haven't heard yet either... glad I'm not the only one! Good luck xx

Victoriab

Post by Victoriab » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Here is my REVISED list with all my fingers crossed for some movement still at Salomons as that is my first choice...

Salomons (5th on reserve...)
Essex and now it's Essex!!
Royal Holloway
Surrey

I am so pleased to have a chance and shall view it as extremely good experience for next year!

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Just had an email from Trent saying there has been a delay in sending out their letters and these will be sent early next week. Very stressful waiting!! :-(

scriddle

Post by scriddle » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm

My updated list

UEA
Bath

No place for me this year, but I'm looking forward to starting a Phd in September :D ... will try again in 3 years! Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

ps0u413c

Post by ps0u413c » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 pm

CatBells wrote:Just had an email from Trent saying there has been a delay in sending out their letters and these will be sent early next week. Very stressful waiting!! :-(
This is crazy I had completely psyched myself up for the results this week and now the stress is being prolonged! I wonder whist circumstances are beyond their control as suggested in the email?

ps0u413c

Post by ps0u413c » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Has anyone tried to contact Trent to see if they will let us know the outcome of the interviews via email? Im sure they wont but I would guess there are many candidates out there frustrated at having to sweat for another week when we were told it would be at the latest today!

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

ps0u413c wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Trent to see if they will let us know the outcome of the interviews via email? Im sure they wont but I would guess there are many candidates out there frustrated at having to sweat for another week when we were told it would be at the latest today!
I think last year a lot of people heard for clearing house before they received their letters... Maybe that's a possibility?

Bubbly

Post by Bubbly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm

evat wrote:Hi Bubbly,

I think there has been some movement in the reserve list for interviews at sheffield however i dont know by how much...(i know someone who was on the reserve list who got called but i dont know what no. she was). Might be worth chasing it up with the Uni?
Hi evat, thanks for your reply. Sheffields last day of interviews is today, I kind of knew that I wouldn't gain an interview there as I'm 50plus on the reserve list. Staffs reserve list is a pain though as they haven't told us whereabouts we are, and my brother is getting married that weekend abroad, I wish I knew whether to stay at home/uk all week during Staffs interviews or just go abroad and help with the wedding preparation. Still till not sure whether to prepare for the potential interview or not. :? It's nice to see lots of blues on here already :)

ps0u413c

Post by ps0u413c » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm

CatBells wrote:
ps0u413c wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Trent to see if they will let us know the outcome of the interviews via email? Im sure they wont but I would guess there are many candidates out there frustrated at having to sweat for another week when we were told it would be at the latest today!
I think last year a lot of people heard for clearing house before they received their letters... Maybe that's a possibility?
I checked and there has been no change - perhaps the unforseen circumstance they refer to has meant that they haven't even shortlisted yet.

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Bubbly wrote:
evat wrote:Hi Bubbly,

I think there has been some movement in the reserve list for interviews at sheffield however i dont know by how much...(i know someone who was on the reserve list who got called but i dont know what no. she was). Might be worth chasing it up with the Uni?
Hi evat, thanks for your reply. Sheffields last day of interviews is today, I kind of knew that I wouldn't gain an interview there as I'm 50plus on the reserve list. Staffs reserve list is a pain though as they haven't told us whereabouts we are, and my brother is getting married that weekend abroad, I wish I knew whether to stay at home/uk all week during Staffs interviews or just go abroad and help with the wedding preparation. Still till not sure whether to prepare for the potential interview or not. :? It's nice to see lots of blues on here already :)
Hi Bubbly, It may be worth contacting Staffs and explaining that it is your brothers wedding over the interview dates, they may be able to give you an indication of how likely an interview would be? I did this a few years ago for a course which doesn't tell you where you are on interview reserve, as I was due to be abroad over the interview dates. They gave me a good indication of likelihood, and I was able to make an informed decision! Plus, you have little to lose! Good luck!
Forever blowing bubbles....

Magicmat

Post by Magicmat » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 pm

This may sound like a really daft question,

but how do people know if they are on the reserve list? Does it say in the letter from the uni?

Or is it just a case that you had a rejection, but figure you must be on the reserve list?