The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Elly88

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Elly88 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 pm

So, currently:

South Wales
UEL
Liverpool
Plymouth

My rejection email came through 5 minutes before I had to run a CBT for Anxiety group. Great timing!

The worst thing about the rejections thus far is absolutely zero feedback. Difficult to know whether the 'no' is a result of lack of experience (although I have 5 years of clinical experience...), lack of academic achievement (I have a 2.1, no masters) or just whether my form needs to be improved e.g. more reflective and 'stand out'-ish!!

Congrats to all those with interviews and reserves!

blue86

Post by blue86 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 pm

mattyjl9 wrote:Leeds
Manchester

Liverpool
Lancaster

:( so far

x
I'm really sad to see all the Leeds. I felt a little like an impostor after seeing so many of them.
I hope you guys are hanging in there! Just a couple more days! Lots of virtual hugs coming your way!

RGJ

Post by RGJ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Shenanigans wrote: Hi Healthpsy - Did your email say how far you down on the reserve list for Leeds? Mine didn't, I'm just wondering whether I should call and check?
Shenanigans, last year I emailed them back and they told me where I was on the list.

Another update today:

Leeds
Sheffield
Staffordshire & Keele
Trent

colourful :)

Mmarlborough

Post by Mmarlborough » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Another disappointing day for me. I'm now:
Leicester
Oxford
Coventry
Herts

At least Coventry give a little feedback and mine said I needed more varied clinical experience. I suppose I see their point a little since all my clinical experience is in LD or Stroke. But it's difficult getting interviews outside these areas without any experience! Bit frustrating!

I'm holding out for Herts as I was on the reserve last year - although I know that doesn't mean much in this process! All will be known by Friday!

memifer

Post by memifer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Fantastic news for the Greens today, keeping fingers crossed for those reserve places, and commiserations to the reds.

Still awaiting my final two decisions....never realised how impatient I was until going through this process...only three days to go... :shock: :bounce: :pale:

Blossom

Post by Blossom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Am sure RHUL will be sending out decisions soon as the e-mailed me asking for some more information. I called them back and the guy in charge is now on annual leave so I'm guessing decisions already made...

Eriya

Post by Eriya » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Elly88 wrote:So, currently:

South Wales
UEL
Liverpool
Plymouth

My rejection email came through 5 minutes before I had to run a CBT for Anxiety group. Great timing!

The worst thing about the rejections thus far is absolutely zero feedback. Difficult to know whether the 'no' is a result of lack of experience (although I have 5 years of clinical experience...), lack of academic achievement (I have a 2.1, no masters) or just whether my form needs to be improved e.g. more reflective and 'stand out'-ish!!

I'm also disappointed that there's no feedback as I've got ideas on how to improve my application, but I don't know if I'm on the right track or not! Manchester said straight out that they don't give feedback. I'm not sure if I should bug Plymouth for feedback or not :/

ilzig2

Post by ilzig2 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi! Good luck to all Greens, hope to become a green one too after my first red!!

I just thought to ask those who applied to irish unis, I checked it first time this year and seemed that it was not funded. Do you have any good idea of how to look about their details??

jdgirl030

Post by jdgirl030 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Today has totally restored my mental wellbeing and faith that it WILL happen.

A big fat green and my first interview ever!

Trent
Oxford
Cov and Wark
Birmingham

After 4 reds last year...keep the faith everyone! Good luck.

Elly88

Post by Elly88 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Eriya wrote:
Elly88 wrote:So, currently:

South Wales
UEL
Liverpool
Plymouth

I'm also disappointed that there's no feedback as I've got ideas on how to improve my application, but I don't know if I'm on the right track or not! Manchester said straight out that they don't give feedback. I'm not sure if I should bug Plymouth for feedback or not :/
I'm hoping there will be feedback from the other 2 uni's, when I get the inevitable rejections! I'm not sure if Plymouth would give feedback if they haven't already but it could be worth a shot I guess. Goodluck for your other courses!

Lola24

Post by Lola24 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Excited to post my first update:

Sheffield
Lancaster
Trent

Sorry for those with reds so far, but good luck to us all for outstanding ones yet to hear from!! Well done to all the greens and oranges too!! :D

CurlyHair
Team Member

Post by CurlyHair » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Get a move on Glasgow and Edinburgh.

That is all!

:D

blue86

Post by blue86 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 pm

CurlyHair wrote:Get a move on Glasgow and Edinburgh.

That is all!

:D
Since they are the last to interview, they usually wait more to respond. Considering they also have their fair share of applicants, and not as much time to go over them as we'd think, waiting a couple more days shouldn't be too bad.
The waiting does get to you though. Last year I had three reds and I only found out about Glasgow from the Clearinghouse site on the very last day. They took their sweet time and I only got a letter in the mail the week after that. So, yeah... :D

yellowstars3

Post by yellowstars3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:14 pm

The wait is finally over - after a rejection yesterday wasn't expecting my thick letter waiting for me today, so overwhelmed to have got this far on my first application!

Trent
Surrey
Leicester
Coventry/Warwick

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their's only 3 more days until this agonising period is over! Well done to everyone with greens and lots of hugs to reds, rejection is horrible (I ate an obscene amount of chocolate after yesterday's letter from Cov and Warwick - would recommend it for easing the pain!)

spareclaire

Post by spareclaire » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Hello hello - it was a no from Trent for me, delivered over the phone by a brave partner! :wink:

For some reason I only applied to two so my results are:

Leicester

Trent

Yellowstar you've done so well!

Really pleased to be able to experience one interview anyway - thanks for all the help on here and onwards everyone! :)