The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
moony

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by moony » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm

God, slightly tempted to give Edinburgh a call and ask but I doubt they'd tell me anything. Plus they must get bombarded with those types of calls. I've waited this long, sure I can hold out another day. ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Lola24

Post by Lola24 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Just had an email about something else from Sheff!!!! I guess they just have my email from when I was at uni there doing postgrad- talk about heart pounding moment when I saw University of Sheffield as the sender!!

Arrrrggggghhh the suspense! Good luck everyone :D

Lola

catlc

Post by catlc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Toscapuss wrote:was that a letter in the post, the clearing house or an email :!:

oh and so sorry catlc - CONGRATULATIONS ! How rude of me to forget that in my arghghgh moment :)
A letter. And thank you. Nothing from Edinburgh though. Tomorrow hopefully.

Toscapuss

Post by Toscapuss » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Ah well, at least I should hopefully know about Glasgow by 4.30-ish today then ! But going out before mail will arrive tomorrow so will have to wait re Edinburgh! although can keep checking the clearing house from my phone!

:)

wormy45

Post by wormy45 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi all

This is my first time posting and fourth time applying. Firstly congratulations to all the greens and chin up to all the reds. Secondly, I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and am struck by how supportive everyone is in such a hugely competitive field. It's great to see so many first time applicants getting interviews and so much encouragement given when things don't pan out as hoped.

In my first year of applying i had one interview and was on the reserve list for a place. My second and third applications yielded 4 straight reds despite a high undergrad, a postgrad and 6+ years of clinical and research experience. Suffice to say i was pretty disheartened, feeling like i had gone backwards in my applications and at that point felt like i didn't not to apply again this year. In a moment of "I'll give it one last shot" I did decide to apply and these are my results for this year:

Staffordshire
Leicester
Liverpool

Coventry and Warwick

So for those of you feeling like you've gone back a step, those of you with reds or those who feel like giving up - DON'T. If ClinPsy is really what you want to do then keep throwing your hat in the ring, the time will come when the greens start rolling in. If the course could offer more people places they would - this process isn't personal.

Good luck to all of those still awaiting results and let's hope that this year we can convert our greens into places!!

:D

LJG

Post by LJG » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Just got my Glasgow letter :(

Currently now at:

Leeds
Birmingham
Glasgow

Edinburgh

Limerick
Galway

blue86

Post by blue86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:58 pm

LJG wrote:Just got my Glasgow letter :(

Currently now at:

Leeds
Birmingham
Glasgow

Edinburgh

Limerick
Galway
I'm sorry to hear that :(
All of this Glasgow news is making me very anxious. Since I know I won't get a letter today, maybe can someone just let me know when it's updated on the Clearing House? I would really appreciate it. I really need to go back to being productive.

amadea

Post by amadea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 pm

catlc wrote:Glasgow. Whoopp
WOW Congratulations! Did you get email or letter??
I am waiting for Glasgow too :(

amadea

Post by amadea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm

moony wrote:God, slightly tempted to give Edinburgh a call and ask but I doubt they'd tell me anything. Plus they must get bombarded with those types of calls. I've waited this long, sure I can hold out another day. ;)
They contacted 480 applicants, so it is only 480 calls, PLEASE CALL! and keep us updated ha ha ha :) good luck!

amadea

Post by amadea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:05 pm

catlc wrote:
Toscapuss wrote:was that a letter in the post, the clearing house or an email :!:

oh and so sorry catlc - CONGRATULATIONS ! How rude of me to forget that in my arghghgh moment :)
A letter. And thank you. Nothing from Edinburgh though. Tomorrow hopefully.
LETTER? I dont get home until about 7:30 pm and none of my flatmates is there now :( arrrrgh.
I will probably be a red tho

Beryl

Post by Beryl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 pm

So here are my results so far...
Leicester
Trent
staffs
Birmingham

This is my first year of applying and I am over the moon...so far.
This thread really has been so supportive and I want to reiterate others' thoughts that it has stopped the feelings of loneliness on this journey becoming overwhelming. Even though I have all my replies in, I can't stop refreshing this thread to see how you are all progressing, so good luck to everyone for both this year and for all those that will be starting the process all over again in the future.

Beryl

Post by Beryl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Sorry about the muddled colour thing going on, posting on my phone and not got the hang of this colour font business yet! :D... (Edited) oh it's righted itself now!

BenJMan
Team Member

Post by BenJMan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Beryl wrote:Sorry about the muddled colour thing going on, posting on my phone and not got the hang of this colour font business yet! :D... (Edited) oh it's righted itself now!
I righted it for you ;)
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

Beryl

Post by Beryl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 pm

BenJMan wrote:
Beryl wrote:Sorry about the muddled colour thing going on, posting on my phone and not got the hang of this colour font business yet! :D... (Edited) oh it's righted itself now!
I righted it for you ;)

See...like I said, great support. Thank you.

blue86

Post by blue86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm

wormy45 welcome to the forum! Awesome year for you I see. Congratulations!

Beryl I agree with you, the support here is exceptional ;)

BenJMan I keep thinking your forum name is actually TrashCat :)) I have no idea how you keep an eye on so many things going on, and still have the patience to read through a 66 page thread. Especially since I know that by June it will reach around 150. But thank you for your (technical) help ;)

Here's another dedication for you all forum refreshers/lurkers :D
(Pink - Raise your glass - Youtube link warning)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjVNlG5cZyQ