The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Locked
lakeland
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by lakeland » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:14 pm

You get a nice buffet lunch at Trent too, although I remember that the quality declined over the time I was there. With a whole day interview set up, it's the least they can do in my opinion!

Pinkaliengoo, you can get Snowballs at Christmas which are like Mini Eggs. Don't be fooled by Cadbury's Pebbles though - not as good.

AnsweringBell
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by AnsweringBell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Just to let Newcastle folks now, the reserve list has moved - number 3 is next in line at the moment.

AlexisRose
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by AlexisRose » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

AnsweringBell wrote:Just to let Newcastle folks now, the reserve list has moved - number 3 is next in line at the moment.
I wasn't expecting it to move so quickly. I am number six so keeping all my fingers and toes crossed. You made my heart jump into my mouth there Answeringbell :D x

User avatar
Mikel Arteta
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: North West

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Mikel Arteta » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:00 pm

AnsweringBell wrote:Last year, the biscuit selection at Newcastle was a bit poor... but Edinburgh had not only a range of biscuits but many, many sweets.

And apparently UEA are feeding us lunch this year!

Another good way of figuring out which courses to apply to, surely... :)
If we're talking course feeding, I'd have to say Cov & Warwick and Trent are right up there. I went to Cov one day and Trent the day after (two all dayers on the bounce!). Cracking lunch at Cov and they had these lovely little cupcakes. I smashed two with lunch and took two for later on that evening, Trent prep :)

Trent also did a good lunch and a cracking victoria sponge. I was making great inroads into it when some one came and got me 'cause I was late for the research task :) I got offers from both, all about the cake!!
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Wychelm
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Wychelm » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
AnsweringBell wrote:Just to let Newcastle folks now, the reserve list has moved - number 3 is next in line at the moment.
I wasn't expecting it to move so quickly. I am number six so keeping all my fingers and toes crossed. You made my heart jump into my mouth there Answeringbell :D x
gosh I cant imagine how exciting and scary this must feel haha :alien:

Jessica
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Jessica » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Can anyone direct me to Hertfordshire style interview questions or advise me on the interview process there?! Please! Thank you :)

amz86
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by amz86 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone who has been offered a interview at Sheffield has received their infomation pack in the post yet, I have only had the email confirmation! Wasn't sure whether to give them a bell and at least ask for my date of interview because I think its quite soon?! But don't want to bother them if noone else has got theirs! I also moved house last week so if I know when the letters arrive I can go to my old address to pick it up :-)

Many thanks!

RGJ
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by RGJ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 pm

amz86 wrote:Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone who has been offered a interview at Sheffield has received their infomation pack in the post yet, I have only had the email confirmation! Wasn't sure whether to give them a bell and at least ask for my date of interview because I think its quite soon?! But don't want to bother them if noone else has got theirs! I also moved house last week so if I know when the letters arrive I can go to my old address to pick it up :-)

Many thanks!
Hi amz86,

I've not received the letter yet either so you're not the only one. Think the interviews are 1st - 4th April though so am sure the letters will come soon :)

carocaro
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by carocaro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Hey all! Well done to all who have interviews. :) Does anyone know\has anyone heard any information on Herts reserve list? How many they usually have on it and if they let you know your position would be great to know.

davebarker
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by davebarker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
AnsweringBell wrote:Just to let Newcastle folks now, the reserve list has moved - number 3 is next in line at the moment.
I wasn't expecting it to move so quickly. I am number six so keeping all my fingers and toes crossed. You made my heart jump into my mouth there Answeringbell :D x

That is quick movement! I am 7th and am quite hopeful for an interview. Someone said on here that it went to 9th last year. Fingers crossed for us both.....mainly for me (because if it gets to me it has been to you) :D

Randomswirls
Team Member
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Randomswirls » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 pm

I didn't apply this year but have been reading all the posts as I shall be applying next year!! I just wanted to leave hugs for those who got all reds, lots of congrats and good luck to those who've got greens I hope they turn into offers and I'm
Keeping my fingers crossed for those who have some oranges.

Xox

AnsweringBell
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by AnsweringBell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm

davebarker wrote:
AlexisRose wrote:
AnsweringBell wrote:Just to let Newcastle folks now, the reserve list has moved - number 3 is next in line at the moment.
I wasn't expecting it to move so quickly. I am number six so keeping all my fingers and toes crossed. You made my heart jump into my mouth there Answeringbell :D x

That is quick movement! I am 7th and am quite hopeful for an interview. Someone said on here that it went to 9th last year. Fingers crossed for us both.....mainly for me (because if it gets to me it has been to you) :D
Glad to see you guys are 2 places closer, and that's without interviews even starting. Keeping fingers crossed for you guys to get your shots :)

mellymels29
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Re: UCL interview reserve list

Post by mellymels29 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am

pinkaliengoo wrote:
Kbogart89 wrote:Does anyone know if the UCL interview reserve list has moved down at all yet? I am number 5 so just wondered if anyone knew anything! :lol:
I doubt there will be any movement until people start to receive offers from other courses! Good luck though, you stand a good chance of getting an interview!
Hiya congrats on being number 5! I'm also on the reserve list I called them yesterday and it had only moved 1 place! I agree it seems logical that it'd only start to go down by any stretch once people start to get offered places... Esp at other London courses? So hard to speculate.

In any case, fingers crossed for you!

Mel x

Kbogart89
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 am

Re: UCL interview reserve list

Post by Kbogart89 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:58 am

mellymels29 wrote:
pinkaliengoo wrote:
Kbogart89 wrote:Does anyone know if the UCL interview reserve list has moved down at all yet? I am number 5 so just wondered if anyone knew anything! :lol:
I doubt there will be any movement until people start to receive offers from other courses! Good luck though, you stand a good chance of getting an interview!
Hiya congrats on being number 5! I'm also on the reserve list I called them yesterday and it had only moved 1 place! I agree it seems logical that it'd only start to go down by any stretch once people start to get offered places... Esp at other London courses? So hard to speculate.

In any case, fingers crossed for you!

Mel x

So it has moved already? That's better than I expected. I will give them a call in a few weeks so will keep u updated on what they say! X

Winck1234
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Winck1234 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi

Has anyone that is on the Liverpool reserve list received a letter, or found out their position yet?

Thanks :D

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest