The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Skadualendothel

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Skadualendothel » Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Randall wrote:Right. So, what is that phrase everyone throws around?

...It only takes 6, right?!

Coventry & Warwick
Oxford
UEA

Herts!!!

:D :D :D :D
Congrats Randall!

I may be wrong but we may have met at the Coventry and Warwick interview. It only just clicked, silly brain!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Toria

Post by Toria » Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Congratulations Randall, fantastic news :)
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

GingerOwl

Post by GingerOwl » Wed May 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Woooo Randall!

After my first interview this year went terribly, it's nice to see that no's can be turned around. Well done!
~ * Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! Audrey Hepburn * ~

Cushtie

Post by Cushtie » Wed May 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Coventry & Warwick
Oxford
UEA

Herts!!!

Woohoo Randall!!!!!! Massive congratualtions :D :D :D :D So happy for you!!! Amazing year for you :alien:

grotacus

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by grotacus » Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Dr Elizabeth, I haven't even heard my outcome from salomons yet! I missed a call from them today so hopefully I will hear tomorrow but it may be that not everyone has heard so there won't be much movement yet. At number 3 you must have a fairly high chance though. Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Bionyourguard wrote:
LDWorker wrote:Well done Jessica!

UEL
UCL
RHUL

Herts --> Herts

1st reserve - what are my chances?? Seems so close but you never know....
Hi LDWorker,

I just thought that I would let you know that my girlfriend has been given a place at Herts and UCL. She's going to decline Herts as we live in south London on the Victoria line, so you will definitely have a place. We're just cracking open the champagne at the moment. She is 100% certain that she will decline Herts so you will definitely be starting in September.

However, I'm not sure when she is going to confirm her decision with Herts as we are also waiting on UEL so you probably won't get 'official confirmation' for a week or so. I would be cracking open the champagne as well if I were you. Well done to have got so far - sounds as though the interview was incredibly thorough!
:shock: Wow thanks for this update... You're very kind to let me know. Might save the champagne cracking til the offer is real in black and white... just in case! Huge congratulations to your girlfriend though, 2 offers is an incredible achievement! Enjoy your bubbles!
AnonymousMouse wrote:
Also - LDWorker it's looking good so a massive congratulations!
And thanks again for the support! So nice that everyone is being so supportive even though I'm just a lurker really...

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Wed May 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Oh and well done to all the fantastic blues out there! Stuck in my own bubble at the mo...

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 am

Congratulations to everyone who made the top 16, its such an achievement and a big well done. I was number 4 on the reserve list, well potentially number 3 now, having read the earlier thread. What due guys think my odds are? Are there any of the london unis who havnt released their choices yet or anyone else who has recieved multiple offers and planning to turn Herts down. I'm keeping all pinkies and toes crossed I slip on. Such a nail biting process. Congratulations again to everyone :D xx

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Thu May 08, 2014 8:35 am

Quite a few yet to play for in London!! UEL finished interviewing yesterday, IoP interviews next week, RHUL in the week after...

4th seems like a really solid position to be in :) Fingers crossed!

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 am

Thank you. That's so helpful. :) Im keeping absolutley everything crossed, super wanna get on :) Thanks again :)

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu May 08, 2014 9:35 am

Coventry & Warwick
Oxford
UEA

Herts!!!

HUGE congratulations Randall!!! :cheers:

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 am

Amf66 wrote:Congratulations to everyone who made the top 16, its such an achievement and a big well done. I was number 4 on the reserve list, well potentially number 3 now, having read the earlier thread. What due guys think my odds are? Are there any of the london unis who havnt released their choices yet or anyone else who has recieved multiple offers and planning to turn Herts down. I'm keeping all pinkies and toes crossed I slip on. Such a nail biting process. Congratulations again to everyone :D xx
AnsweringBell wrote:Quite a few yet to play for in London!! UEL finished interviewing yesterday, IoP interviews next week, RHUL in the week after... 4th seems like a really solid position to be in :) Fingers crossed!
I feel your pain amf66! But as answeringbell says there are still so many variables at the moment - surely some Herts people will be waiting on London unis, some of which haven't even interviewed yet. So I wish it wasn't so, but looks like we will be facing another few weeks of sleepless nights (hope it's not just me whose brain is going over all the 'what if' scenarios at 4am even though logically i KNOW there is nothing I can do right now?!) But well done for getting so far everyone, I hope to be meeting amf66 and all the other clever blues in Sept, fingers crossed eh.

(no more posts from me unless it is to update on reserve list moving forward as I don't want to make anyone's heart stop thinking I have had an offer, sorry...!)

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 am

Aww bless you LDworker. Haha, you are not alone, I'm doing the exact same thing, refreshing emails, checking the forum, wondering whether to contact the admin team to see if the list has shuffled (even though its day 2) hehehe. But your totally right. Its just a waiting game, they said in their letter they would contact us straight away if a place became avaliable. Good luck to all you oranges! And bloody well done the blue team :-) Stella effort from everyone :-)

Randall

Post by Randall » Fri May 09, 2014 12:10 pm

I don't want to steer the thread away from its focus too much...but I have to acknowledge how lovely you people all are! It is great to have so many congratulation posts and private messages.... THANK YOU!

Right, so lets steer this ship back on course...Hoping we see some more blues and less of the browns...

Hoping all those reserve places shift too. Good luck people :eye:

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Fri May 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Bath to Bath today! I started off as third reserve!

So very relieved and happy! I am another oldie and so will start the course in the month I turn forty.